1.    #1  
    I've had my 650 for almost 3 months now without a problem... but the last week I've had a problem with my earpeice speaker. Sometimes when people call me I can not hear anything from the speaker. They later tell me theyc an hear me... I just can't hear them. Also, most of the time when i dial a number out it shows my phone call as active... yet I can't hear anything. Now... if I keep pressing the "speakerphone" button again and again over time the regular speaker my activate or the speaker phone may activate. Neither always turn on right away... and even once one of them turns on it will usually turn back off if I keep pressing the speaker phone button.

Anyone else having this problem? I searched back on the board but I couldn't find anything. I'd say it's hardware related but I can actually here things if I keep pressing the speakerphone button. So it must be software related. Yes, I have done a hard re-set and tried this from a bone stock 650 but the problem still persists.

It's also worth noting... I can never get my phone startup sound to start. Whenever I used to turn on the phone it would play a noise... it no longer does that.

I bought the phone from TreoCentral to use on Cingulars service... it's been about 3 months... if I want to make a return who do I contact? TreoCentral, Cingular, or PalmOne? I'm guessing Cingular after everything I have read on here...
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarlp
    I've had my 650 for almost 3 months now without a problem... but the last week I've had a problem with my earpeice speaker. Sometimes when people call me I can not hear anything from the speaker. They later tell me theyc an hear me... I just can't hear them. Also, most of the time when i dial a number out it shows my phone call as active... yet I can't hear anything. Now... if I keep pressing the "speakerphone" button again and again over time the regular speaker my activate or the speaker phone may activate. Neither always turn on right away... and even once one of them turns on it will usually turn back off if I keep pressing the speaker phone button.

Anyone else having this problem? I searched back on the board but I couldn't find anything. I'd say it's hardware related but I can actually here things if I keep pressing the speakerphone button. So it must be software related. Yes, I have done a hard re-set and tried this from a bone stock 650 but the problem still persists.

It's also worth noting... I can never get my phone startup sound to start. Whenever I used to turn on the phone it would play a noise... it no longer does that.

I bought the phone from TreoCentral to use on Cingulars service... it's been about 3 months... if I want to make a return who do I contact? TreoCentral, Cingular, or PalmOne? I'm guessing Cingular after everything I have read on here...
    It would be worth a try to load my new application called ScheduleCare.

It has complete control of Treo sounds. I would suggest building a profile that has all sound types turned on expecially the system sound type. Make this profile a Timed profile that runs from 5am to 5am. Also Enable the profile.

Then go into the 3rd screen of Global Options section. Here you can adjust the listening volume levels. Enable all options and set the volume controls to their maximum.

Now enable the Profile Manager and exit ScheduleCare.

Your volume levels should all be set and you should now have system sounds. Try cycling your phone's radio. Do you hear the shutdown/startup sounds?

Try making a call and see if you have volume in your handset. Switch to speaker phone. Do you have sound here?

Hope this helps.

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Fixed my problem. Seems my phone sometimes thought my headset was plugged into it. I simply installed and removed the headset jack a couple of times and now all the sounds work like they should again. Very odd... but at least it works now.