Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    switch to gmail dw.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    switch to gmail dw.
    I do have a gmail acct, but just as a spare. Damn, now I'm pissed that I paid for Yahoo POP & forwarding when I can't even retain the orginal messages on Yahoo's site
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I do have a gmail acct, but just as a spare. Damn, now I'm pissed that I paid for Yahoo POP & forwarding when I can't even retain the orginal messages on Yahoo's site
    As you are finding out, it looks like the ability to fwd a message while retaining the messages in the current account, is Dependant on the e-mail service that you use. It looks like both fastmail and gmail have settings that will let you do this. I'm a bit surprised that yahoo's pay service doesn't let you do this as I can see a possible need for it.
    marc,
    how does chatter differ from versa mail that came with my treo650 with verizon...? have u had any treo650/verizon users yet???
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Yes I am curious about Chattermail vs. Versamail and also either of them vs. Wireless Sync. I have a VZW 650 and I have Wireless sync loaded, but would chatter be a better option? (using pop3 account) I was looking on Chattermails website but it is not very detailed.
    Hi. Chatter is VERY different from VersaMail, especially if you have an IMAP account (and if you don't have one, you really owe it to yourself to get one).

1) Asynchronous - it runs all the time, asleep or awake, and receives and sends mail without your having to wait for it to complete

2) With compatible IMAP host - REAL pushed email delivery and online email manipulation (i.e. as with your desktop, you can move messages between folders, load attachments, etc. in real-time).

3) A nice Summary view that integrates multiple mailboxes into a single one.

You can load the software, manuals, etc. at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc

p.s. It works fine with the Verizon 650.
    Marc
    how is IMAP different than pop??
    if u had a gmail acct would u fwd the gmail acct to the IMAP/Fastmail acct??
    treonewyork - That would work to get you (effectively) pushed Gmail.

Marc
    Tiffany,
    You sure have put a lot of time into working with Chatter so this might be pretty elementary. I am also using AOL. When you read an email and don't choose to keep it, do you let it go into your OLD email folder. I do this knowing that in a week it will be deleted. But this saves having to delete those that I don't want to keep after reading them.
    The problem is, when I retrieve emails on my Treo using any of the mail clients including Chatter, I get the emails in both my NEW and OLD folders from AOL. This despite that I have checked the "Only Load 'Unread" Messages" box. There were 166 messages in my OLD folder and 23 in my NEW and I received all 189 in Chatter.
    How do you deal with this.
    Thanks.
    Pete
    Ok now that Im past the initial push problems, and the inbox is flowing smoothly I have a couple more questions

1. How can I see (or can I) the subfolders under my inbox?
    I have a lot of rule processing going on so thats kind of big

2. Can I map my outlook junk mail folder somehow so I dont see the stuff thats going in there in my chatter inbox

3. I know its been mentioned, but any ETA on saving stuff to alternate locations?

Oh, and also when I get a new message, im not getting the audible tones.
    Just the LED and vibrate, any thoughts?

Thanks
    D~
    for number 1 do a search for child folders.. there was a thread that marc explained this in detail which helped me out... 3 in the notifications pref there should be an option that you can check to get the alert working.. hope this helps...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    If you're not getting audible tones, go to the Treo Prefs application and check the Sound setting for "Messaging".

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by treonewyork
    Marc
    how is IMAP different than pop??
    http://www.imap.org/imap.vs.pop.brief.html

I like IMAP better than POP3 but yet I use POP3, I must be crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    I tried chattermail just yesterday. Installed the new beta. I loved the program, but for some reason, all my calls on the sprint system went directly to voicemail. This was for a pop3 account at work. I'm not sure if it was the program itself, or the way I set it up. I just went back to eudora. It sounds like others have had better luck.
    pilottreo1
    Same thing happened to mel. I use Sprint and with Chatter loaded every call went straight to voicemail. Within a few minutes, I deleted it.
    GolfBallMan - Something was obviously wrong if that was the case. In my experience with Sprint, the range of calls going to VM is 8% - 20%, depending on usage. For GSM phones, it's more like 3% - 8%. If you're doing worse than that, you should send me a log.

Marc
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123