Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Marc, thanks.

I2: My Delivery settings in my AOL mailbox are ALL unchecked apart from "Only load "Unread messages". Messages seems to trickle in fine to this account. It's the deletion that doesn't quite seem to 'work'

I8a: Cool. Let me know when the beta is available - I'd love to test it

Also - a good example of email with HTML that comes across as just 'tag lines' is AOL's city weekend news that you can 'subscribe to' and have sent to you on a weekly basis (free).
    Tiffany -

I'll look into the AOL news. Regarding settings, almost everyone uses "Sync Messages" (then your Mailbox in Chatter exactly reflects your inbox at AOL). Is there a reason you don't want to do that? If you're NOT going to use "Sync Messages", there should be a checkbox for "Deletions Migrate to Server"; that's what you'd want to use, I'm thinking. (Or don't you want them deleted from AOL)

Marc
  3.    #23  
    Just changed to having it synced...
    The only two boxes I have set in the Deliver tab of my AOL mailbox are;
    - Sync Messages, and
    - Keep Flags Synced

I then turned on 'Traditional IMAP deletion' and deleted an email in the AOL folder.
    First it got greyed out - and then a few seconds..it went away...

Looks cool.. I think you mentioned that with this setting I would now be able to 'retrieve' an email if I accidentally deleted it. How would I go about doing that?

Thanks!
    Tiffany - You'd have to act fast (but at least it's an option); you typically have 10 seconds or so before the deletion is conveyed to the server. Use "undelete" ('u' if you're using one-key commands).

Marc
    Don't want to wade in here and make a mistake, but another alternative might be to just simply set up a mirror of your "trash" folder (contained on aol) in chatter email. You could then set up this "trash" folder as an offline folder and if you ever deleted something that you wanted to read or get back, you could just qsync the offline trash folder (contained in chatter) and the message would pop up. You would also want to go into the "trash" folder settings in chatter, and tell it to only qsync something like the last 2 or 3 days worth of mail in your trash folder. That way it won't take up much room and should allow you to not have to worry about email if you accidentally delete it.
    paulsjmail - Yep, that would work... Thanks!

Marc
  7.    #27  
    paul, that sounds great! Eh..would you be able to maybe PM me with more detailed instructions on how to actually do it... I tried but can't seem to get the AOL emails in the trash to go to my Chatter trash folder...

marc, I've been experiencing a LOT of issues today with email.
    Did you try running this version of Chatter on a Treo with the latest version of SnapperMail installed? Twice now my Treo freezes when Snapper goes and gets its emails..I have to reset..and then for some reason the AOL mailbox in Chatter is - gone - and I have to recreate it.

I am also getting some very bizarre things happening when restting (happened three times now..) - I get OLD calendar alarms popping up (like a year old ones). I get like 10-20 of them popping up until I can break out of it.
    I have Chatter setup to start at a reset.

Have you seen or heard anything like this before and if so got any clever ideas?
    I still do like Chatter a lot...I tend to go to it almost all the time now instead of Snapper....

*Update: It just happened again. Exactly the same thing.
    1) Snapper was syncing my AOL inbox
    2) It froze
    3) I had to reset
    4) Upon reset I get old alarms popping up
    5) My AOL mailbox is deleted from Chatter

(This version of Snapper worked fine before installing Chatter and I haven't installed anything else but Chatter - so I'm thinking the conflict is between these two applications..)
    Last edited by Tiffany; 04/26/2005 at 09:28 PM.
    Hi, Tiffany. I'm not really aware of any issues between Snapper and Chatter, although they may exist (I know I have a lot of users who have both). Is Snapper on a timer, then? BTW, what Treo do you have and what carrier?

Marc

p.s. You might want to contact me directly at chatteremail@imap.cc if you're having some specific issues. I'm not getting reports of this sort of problem with recent versions, so it might need more direct interaction. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Chatter; 04/26/2005 at 10:34 PM.
  9.    #29  
    Marc, I have Snapper set to sync every 45 mins. I have a Treo 650 with the latest fimware and I'm on Sprint.
    So you're on Sprint and you've done the Updater?? If so, I can get you up and running, but it requires a little work. That Updater has been a real source of problems.

Marc
  11.    #31  
    You mean the 1.08 firmware is causing some of this?

If you would be able to give me some..eh..pretty detailed instructions step-by-step I would LOVE to try it out and see if it makes a difference
    The BEST suggestion (i.e. most likely of resolving all issues) would be (ahem) to do a HARD reset of your phone, restoring AS LITTLE as possible from backup (like maybe phone favorites) and reloading each application from scratch and re-configuring them from scratch. A lesser version of this would be to remove ALL of Chatter (with the launcher or FileZ) and then load the Chatter prc files and rebuild all of your Mailboxes and preferences. You could try the chatter-only re-install, I suppose, and see if that solves all the problems. I've seen people have to go the hard reset route, though.

The good news is that these issues are gone for good after getting things back in shape.

Marc
    Maybe his roblem is with "enable local time..." or so. Make sure to uncheck that.
    okay, stupid question time...

What exactly is Push email, and how does it work? I've looked online and can't seem to find any explanation in simple layman's terms.
    Push email is a way of getting email without having to do anything. It can run in the background and constantly check to see if you have any new messages. It then alerts you within seconds of the new email. You dont have to have it set up to reach out and check at different intervals (like 5/15/30 minutes).
    Ah. Easy enough. Thanks T2!
    I just bought the treo650/verizon
    I would like to try chattermail with fowarding from my gmail account
    can somone tell me what I have to do to set this up??
    do I need to purchase this fast mail to foward from a gmail??
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treonewyork
    I just bought the treo650/verizon
    I would like to try chattermail with fowarding from my gmail account
    can somone tell me what I have to do to set this up??
    do I need to purchase this fast mail to foward from a gmail??
    No purchase necessary for fastmail...only thing to remember is that your messages will no longer be on your gmail acct, but on your fm account, so if you don't care about being able to view them in your gmail box, then it should work fine.
    all of messages are in my gmail acct too, and erase not from gmail but from fastmail when i delete then in chatter...that way, I still have everything in my gmail acct.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    all of messages are in my gmail acct too, and erase not from gmail but from fastmail when i delete then in chatter...that way, I still have everything in my gmail acct.
    Is that a gmail only thing? When I forward from my Yahoo acct, the messages don't seem to stay put. Is this not possible w/yahoo?

Never mind...got the answer from the yahoo help section

If I forward my email, can I retain a copy of a message?

If you enable email forwarding, you will automatically receive email addressed to your Yahoo! Mail account at your forwarding address. New email will not appear in your Yahoo! Mail account while this feature is activated. Messages received prior to enabling email forwarding will remain in your account.
    Last edited by dwman; 05/20/2005 at 03:58 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast