Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure this problem out. My Treo 600 on Verizon Wireless' expensive network needed replacing from insurance and the one I received just kept rebooting after sync. Tried hard resetting it several times and it didn't make a difference. The phone would reboot itself during a call and especially when receiving voice mail, every time. Hard reset the phone and click SMS and the phone would reboot itself, even right after the reset with nothing in the phone.

Got a replacement for that one. Worked fine for a day. Synced it once and you can guess what happened. The phone is unusable again. Click SMS and it doesn't want to work. This one at least makes phone calls once hard rebooted but SMS will not work. Anyone having this issue?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Sounds like one of the applications you are restoring is corrupt. That will cause this kind of problem. You might be able to do a #*#377 and see the program that caused the last reset. If not, the only way to fix it, is to restore each application one by one and play with it, until it resets again, and the last one that caused the resets is the problem program. Then you should just be able to get a fresh copy of the app, not from your backup folder. As a matter of fact, you should rename your backup folder, so it won't attempt to install all your old programs.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    mmmm - Thanks but even without the restore I was getting the reboots straight out of the hard reset. I just used the updater that I found thanks to another thread (it figures that Verizon nor Asurion their insurance carrier would mention this) which updated Verizon based Treos. I was able to get into SMS and send a message. It did crash the phone the first few tries. I'm going to sync now. Apparently it's a hardware issue and working with Verizon's network. Unfortunately I missed a potential interview and friends 30th birthday party because Verizon and Asurion are shipping out Treo 600s that are not updated and will not work properly with the Verizon Wireless network.

After the update the phone is working with the network but it did reset twice trying to get SMS. SMS seems to work now but I'll report for how long... Thank s for the help though...