1.    #1  
    My Unlocked GSM Treo 650 just started to lose time starting yesterday.

I woke up at 5am as per my TreoAlarm, but when I saw the clocks in my house, they all said 7am (so I woke up late).

The only new program I installed just prior to these time issues is Directory Assistant. I installed a bunch more yesterday after the update, but this "losing time" issue started before that.

Any ideas?
    i lose a half hour over the course of a day.....

so i enabled networktime and it changed immediately.....

don't like the possible issues it may cause though so i am going to try another program mentioned either here on mtdn.....

net time or something like that.
    I use Atomic Clock Syn on my PC to keep it syncronized with the Atomic clock. I also use TimeCopy for the Treo. This program syncs the phone clock with the PC clock.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by r0guenj
    i lose a half hour over the course of a day.....

so i enabled networktime and it changed immediately.....

don't like the possible issues it may cause though so i am going to try another program mentioned either here on mtdn.....

net time or something like that.
    New version of TreoAlarm can synchronize time as well.
    Same problem here, using GSM t650.
    I noticed that this problem occurs when I connect to internet, either using snapermail or webpro.
    The moment the internet connection can't finish downloading (or having problem or stack), that's when the clock become not match or step backward.
    I always use Worldmate to sync w/ atomic time, but syncing every 2 - 3 hours almost made me loose my temper....
    Let keep this thread On Top, so we all get the solution...
    I wonder if this is a GSM issue? My Sprint 650 is accurate to within 1 second a week even with network time disabled.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    ScheduleCare now has a scheduling feature that will ping an NTP server once a day to keep your clock current.

Jeff
    The same thing occurs on my Sprint 650 (with ROM update 1.08) if the enabled networktime is not checked. I have not read the read why people suggest that we not use enabled networktime; however, I can clearly see the reason why we should use it.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    The same thing occurs on my Sprint 650 (with ROM update 1.08) if the enabled networktime is not checked. I have not read the read why people suggest that we not use enabled networktime; however, I can clearly see the reason why we should use it.
    The reason for not enabling this option was because on a CDMA Sprint Network, this option will set your date/time twice everytime it makes a change. First it will set the date to a date/time in the 1980's! Then some number of milliseconds later it will set the date/time to the correct time. It will do this even if your 650 does not need a time/date adjustment. This makes some 3rd party applications read the wrong date/time and has caused crashes and corrupted data.

Realize that this option *only* sets your date/time when:

1) You power up your radio
    2) You loose signal strength and regain it again

This option does not ping, schedule or determine in any way if your 650 needs a time update.

That is why I added the feature in ScheduleCare to have a scheduled time to check the 650's clock that is fully configurable. SC will only make a date/time correction if the time on your Treo deviates from the NTP server time by more than X seconds. The X seconds of deviation is a configuration setting inside of SC as well as the DST configruation.

Jeff
    Any new news on this front? My unlocked 650 continues to lose 20-30 mins each day. Missed another meeting this morning. :-(
    My Sprint Treo 650 is dead on all the time. Had it for four months. I do not check the enable network time due to the issues mentioned above.

The only time my Treo has lost time is during a soft reset -- 10-15 seconds lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    ScheduleCare now has a scheduling feature that will ping an NTP server once a day to keep your clock current.

Jeff
    Jeff,

ScheduleCare is a swiss army knife app to me that does too many things at once for my taste. Is there a way you can make the clock sync app an stand alone app?

Thanks,

Al
    Don't you just love how far pda's have come? Originally, the pds was just a simple combination of your watch, your calendar, and means of data entry. As with all good things, many many advancements were made. You can do so much more with a pda now. Not only can you ckech your stocks, you can buy and sell them. TV remote gone? Use your palm. Got a movie to wathc, just toss it into the palm. Need music, ask no more, it's on your plam.

After all of these advancments . . . . the clock still loses time.

I'm not complaining, I just think it's funny.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Jeff,

ScheduleCare is a swiss army knife app to me that does too many things at once for my taste. Is there a way you can make the clock sync app an stand alone app?

Thanks,

Al
    I too would love to see a background clock sync only app. Preferably one that can run more than once a day as well. Personally I'm not seeing problems like some people here are reporting, but for a phone that loses as much as a half hour a day you'd probably want to sync as often as every hour... or maybe even more.

Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    I too would love to see a background clock sync only app. Preferably one that can run more than once a day as well. Personally I'm not seeing problems like some people here are reporting, but for a phone that loses as much as a half hour a day you'd probably want to sync as often as every hour... or maybe even more.

Brett
    I will put it on the list. But if you just look at the price of ProfileCare and only use the KeyBoard, listening volume control and the time updates, its a bargon at its current price. You don't need to enable or even use the profile capabilities.

Thoughts??

Jeff
    Am I the only person with a Treo 650 that doesn't lose time?

What do I hear as an opening bid?

Or should I just offer it to Ripley's Believe It or Not?
    Meyerweb
    I wonder if this is a GSM issue? My Sprint 650 is accurate to within 1 second a week even with network time disabled.
    gtwo
    My Sprint Treo 650 is dead on all the time. Had it for four months. I do not check the enable network time due to the issues mentioned above.

Am I the only person with a Treo 650 that doesn't lose time?
    My 650's clock has always been dead on. As a matter of fact, I didnt know there was a "network time" issue until reading the threads. Also, I do have network time enabled.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Network time keeps the clock time updated . . . .

These people's Treos are losing time when the network time enabled is off. . . .
    Why rely on desktop synchroniztion to keep you time in sync? Just use netclock and wireless sync your Treo's time over the internet!!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/netclock.shtml

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My Treo was losing time and it was annoying the crap outta me, checked Network time sync or whatever it is and haven't had any issues at all, the Treo keeps time like it should.
    1 | 2