1.    #1  
    Once I installed some program, or rather that was a hack, which did the simple thing: it turned the image on your screen upside-down. It preserved, though, all the controls and buttons working. For that moment I decided that it was absolutely useless for me. Now I cnanged my mind - it turns out that it feels (much?) more relaxed to hold your visor head-over-heels when reading documents, holding the thumb on the scroll buttons.

But, what a pity! I forgot the name of that software. Does anybody know?
    Originally posted by shevchitz
    I forgot the name of that software. Does anybody know?
    It's called fliphack, and can be found here:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...12&prodID=5755

-Later!
    I also like FlipHack.

In addition over on the accessories discussion group GADGETMIKE just mentioned Flip Graffiti Hack ver 1.0 (Jan 27, 2000).

This hack apparently flips the Graffiti area as well.

It was always annoying flipping the main screen but not the graffiti. Hopefully this helps.

FYI: We had been discussing the Seiko SmartPad

(OvaGirl's home away from home)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks a lot! It's a great thing, our community, isn't it?
    For reasons beyond my comprehension, the freeware DOC reader CSpotRun allows one to rotate text in 90-degree increments. Most PalmOS platforms have square screens, so rotating the text serves no purpose.

Are there any PDA's with rectangular screens?
    Originally posted by Fishscaler
    Most PalmOS platforms have square screens, so rotating the text serves no purpose.
    Text rotation is a natural on the PalmOS. At 160 x 160 with a 1:1 aspect ratio, the screen can be flipped 90, 180, or even 270 degrees and still be legible. As shevchitz noted, some people find it easier to read on the Visor in a position other than the standard one. I myself prefer (only on occasion) to rotate 90 degrees to the right so that the buttons end up in my left hand. To each their own, I suppose...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    PeanutReader also lets you rotate the screen in 90 degree increments, although I'm not sure about viewing upside down. I've found turning the screen 90 degress clockwise (buttons on the right) to be great for reading long documents on my Visor; the up-down buttons become left-right buttons, and scrolling through a document becomes psychologically (for me, anyway) more like flipping through pages rather than scrolling down one huge page.

-Andy
    <br>"Form follows function - that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union" -Frank Lloyd Wright