1.    #1  
    After upgrading from 600-->650, I have less free memory available on the 650 with all of the same apps as I had on the 600.

Ideas??

Thanks.

-Pat
    Umm, yeah. Read the forums. Nothing personal, but this has been discussed in a thousand different threads. Try searching on NVFS or memory.

If you have a Sprint 650, also search for the 1.08 ROM update.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    That really is ODD, we all ended up with much more free memory after upgrading from the 600 --> 650... Are you sure it is a Treo 650, and not a Nokia. Check in the battery compartment and see if it has a PalmOne model number?

It might be a cheap Chinese copy also.
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001
    That really is ODD, we all ended up with much more free memory after upgrading from the 600 --> 650... Are you sure it is a Treo 650, and not a Nokia. Check in the battery compartment and see if it has a PalmOne model number?

It might be a cheap Chinese copy also.
    smarty-pants
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    After upgrading from 600-->650, I have less free memory available on the 650 with all of the same apps as I had on the 600.

Ideas??

Thanks.

-Pat
    I'm usually against those who jump on people who don't "search" to their satisfaction, but this one - well yeah, SEARCH FIRST!
    I think the high res screen takes more space for the added pixels
    what the Hell is this flashing snow flake thingie in the left hand corner??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    I have less free memory available on the 650 with all of the same apps as I had on the 600.
    In addition to being discussed at length here in numerous threads, this PalmOne KB article explains it all rather well.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I think the high res screen takes more space for the added pixels
    That and the mirror mechanism.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    STFF!!!
    doh
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!