1.    #1  
    I did an upgrade from 600 to 650. All *appears* to be fine, except that I keep getting the following errors in the hotsync log. I use Intellisync to sync with Outlook - never a problem with the Treo600.

Here is what is in the sync log:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK Date Book
    OK Address Book
    OK To Do List
    OK Memo Pad
    OK Quick Install
    Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

-Pat
    My guess would be something to do with either Versamail or some other email app.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I'm trusting you followed instructions in going from the 600 to the 650 - meaning, that you didn't just HotSync to the same user name as with the 600? Meaning, that you hopefully either deleted or renamed your Backup folder? The point is that when you first HotSynced your 650, if you brought forward all the old data from your 600, you'll have major issues.
    Make sure you rename your Backup folder, or delete it before the first HS. If you didn't do that before, do a Hard Reset on your 650 to clean it out, and then just run a HotSync - that way, all the PIM and app info will get onto the device, but the old 600-specific radio info, prefs, etc won't get onto the 650 & corrupt it. Good luck....
    Just noticed that my last bit in that last post wasn't clear - make sure that if you do a hard reset and then a new HotSync, that you either delete or rename your Backup folder BEFORE doing that hard reset. Hope it all works out....
  5.    #5  
    If I delete the backup folder, how do I get back data for apps other than datebook and contacts?
    Heh - well, you have two choices here:

1. Do what you've done already, and prepare to have constant resets and issues.

2. Do what I've suggested above, and then reinstall all your third party apps, one at a time. Yes, it's a bit of a pain, but that's what I did (and others, who followed the right process), and I've had almost no resets at all. Maybe one a week or so, about the same as I've always had with all my various Palm devices.

I'm tellin' ya - if you want to avoid problems, do NOT sync the data from the backup folder. A little hassle now will save you BIG time down the road.....
    never sync it all across from the 600 to the 650. This knowledge base article may help:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(14403)
    Gene
    Someone has posted about migrating from a 600 to 650.

Did a search but posts are gone.

Hmmm...
    I'd make sure that you have upgraded your PalmDesktop & HotSync. You should be on version 6 of HotSync with your 650
  10.    #10  
    hey - yippy - I wiped everything out and started from scratch - solid! Now I need a rest