1.    #1  
    So I have my T650 hooked up to its hot sync/power cable and had to make a call. When I realized it would be cool if I had an application that would allow me to dial the number from my PC and send it to my T650 that would make the call.

Then I could dial from my PC keyboard without even having to touch the Treo when making a call (using BT headset) ;D .

Anyone know of an app that does this?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    So I have my T650 hooked up to its hot sync/power cable and had to make a call. When I realized it would be cool if I had an application that would allow me to dial the number from my PC and send it to my T650 that would make the call.

Then I could dial from my PC keyboard without even having to touch the Treo when making a call (using BT headset) ;D .

Anyone know of an app that does this?
    Darnell:

I do this frequently with TapSmart KeyLink:

http://www.mobilityware.com/KeyLink/KeyLinkProduct.htm

I think there maybe another one or two that do this also.

I frequently use my PC keyboard when the Treo is in it's cradle. You use your
    mouse like a stylus or finger-tap. If I have my bluetooth headset on I can do what
    you ask...dial the keypad on the screen with my PC keyboard and mouse and call
    anyone I want without touching the Treo 650.
  3.    #3  
    Sweet!

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Try PDAreach from junefabrics.
  5.    #5  
    http://junefabrics.com/pdareach/index.php

PdaReach 1.5 was officially deployed by PalmOne to announce and demonstrate Treo 650 at CTIA 2004.
    That's a pretty strong endorcement and it's cheaper than TapSmart KeyLink.

Anybody tried both and have any comments?
  6.    #6  
    Ran a trial of both and settled on PDAreach. Simply because they both do what I need and PDAreach is cheaper .

There is also a product TapSmart HandShare that is basically a direct competitor to PDAreach. (TapSmart KeyLink is really more of a PC Keyboard tool.) TapSmart HandShare allows connectivity via more methods than PDAreach since it supports Wireless (GPRS or 1xRTT), Wi-Fi (including adhoc), Bluetooth, dial-up modem, and USB. So if you need to connect using more than just USB I'd recommend using TapSmart HandShare although I did not test that one myself.

PDAreach shows a pop-out window in Windows when you try to enter text. So it literally allows you to type stuff into your Treo as quickly as you can normally type.
    What would be really cool is something that simply presents a modem/TAPI interface to the PC so that I could use my Treo and BT headset to place calls directly from my contact manager on the PC.