Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just letting everyone know that I just got the internet service for my treo. I LOVE IT. Its so cool. Everyone who doesn't think that the 40 bucks a month isn't worth, their wrong.
    Can't say I find it to be worth $40 bucks a month when providers like Sprint are selling it for $10-$15 a month .

But I understand folks have to use the provider that works best for them in their respective area.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Bubble Burster...
    thats crazy, 40bucks , is that unlimited?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    $40 is with Verizon, right? That's why I switched to Sprint!
    good luck "surfing" with Blazer...
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    good luck "surfing" with Blazer...
    Off on the sidebar trail we go...

Personally I find using Blazer to be great. Every day I'm using it to check traffic conditions while on the road. Much better than waiting for radio traffic reports or the short messages given on overhead traffic info signs.

When out shopping I'm comparing Amazon.com prices to what I see in the stores.

I could go on, but Blazer does well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Off on the sidebar trail we go...

Personally I find using Blazer to be great. Every day I'm using it to check traffic conditions while on the road. Much better than waiting for radio traffic reports or the short messages given on overhead traffic info signs.

When out shopping I'm comparing Amazon.com prices to what I see in the stores.

I could go on, but Blazer does well for me.
    Sorry I'm comparing it to PIE. I wish I was happy with Blazer, trust me I just spent 600 bucks on a phone I thought I was going to be able to surf the web happily with. But I'm not. I mean it works ok on straight html pages without much formating and definitely not requiring java or flash. I'm finding myself going to a lot of WAP pages or PDA pages. I could have done that with my 710a.
    Haha, PIE. I remember good 'ol PIE on my ipaq 2210. A nightmare as I recall.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    $40 is with Verizon, right? That's why I switched to Sprint!
    The same reason I sent the 5 brand new Treo 650s back to Cingular and got 5 from Sprint (plus a flip phone for the boss).

The cost of six phones from Sprint was about 500-600 dollar cheaper than Cingular for the same 2 years.

Cingular was so screwed up it was crazy. The first phone I activated has the MEDIaNet plan and the Internet worked fine. The next day when I activated the 2nd line neither would surf the web and I was told that I had to get the $44 Internet plan to do so. I talked to about 6 people and everybody had something different to say with mentioned plans from $35-$75 for internet. Neither was the $19.99 unlimited plan I was promised when I bought the Treos.

My monthly cost and initial equipment cost considerably lower with Sprint - plus I can have unlimited phone numbers to share the pool of minutes.

Sprint with the patch is the best solution for the Treo 650 today.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I'm part of the lucky bunch that were grandfathered with the $19.99 unlimited media net w/ 1500 txt, 200 something pix and 200 something mms.

Sprint's data is still cheaper but do they offer txt with their data plans or is it extra?
    1 | 2
    I pay $5/month for unlimited data and unlimited text and that's for TWO phones with sprint.
    geez, did you win some sort of lottery or something?

j/k
    1 | 2
    with the $10 unlimited data plan for sprint u get 100 sms's per month, but for an extra 5 u can get unlimited sms too
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I pay $5/month for unlimited data and unlimited text and that's for TWO phones with sprint.
    why so cheap?
    Sorry I'm comparing it to PIE. I wish I was happy with Blazer, trust me I just spent 600 bucks on a phone I thought I was going to be able to surf the web happily with. But I'm not. I mean it works ok on straight html pages without much formating and definitely not requiring java or flash. I'm finding myself going to a lot of WAP pages or PDA pages. I could have done that with my 710a.
    WAP and PDA sites download faster, less bandwidth. That's actually not a bad thing when you're on a PDA, is it? Doesn't the full graphics site take more bandwidth and download slower on a PDA?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    why so cheap?
    He got his plan from Cingular way back when they were offering sweet deals for people to sign up.

I've got a nice deal with Sprint myself that I've had since the T300 days.

We early adopters got some benefits .
    actually I said sprint...not cingular. You're right though. Old plan...nice and cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Sprint with the patch is the best solution for the Treo 650 today.
    To my mind you just gotta shop for what's best for you. Most important is the reception in your local area. Nobody has a better deal if you don't have good service in the area. The other thing is plans are changing every day.

Last week ya got 50 more minutes per month w/ Cingular (850) than ya did with Sprint (800) for the same price. This week Sprint is $4.95 cheaper for 1100 minutes. At 2000 minutes, Cingular is a buck cheaper. I didn't go into all the deatils but Cingular has no roaming charge (Sprint does) on those plans; it's 40 cents (sprint) vs 35 / 25 cents on Cingular) .

2nd is who ya callin and what they are on .... On the surface, free M2M with 50 million phone users gives AT&Tingular a bit of a lead but again, if the most of the people you call are on a different plan that don't mean nuthin. And sprint doesn't say anything anymore on the site about free mobile to mobile, cingular still does.....doesn't mean ya don't get it, they just ain't pushin the fact....maybe ya do....maybe ya don't

As for data, again you have to look at your usage. I'm spending $4 a month so far after 2 months on the pay as you go plan. So whether it's $10 or $90 doesn't mean beans to me. If you are a "chatterer"...sending 100 or more short text messages / e-mails a day, the unlimted plan on Sprint is great for you. If you want to stream internet audio or if you ahve a lotta spare time and just like to surf the web on a 2" screen, again, Sprint data is the deal.

But if you need to use a Treo to get large files, quickly, then Sprint starts to look less attractive. Data speeds are comparable in small chunks due to EDGE latency but big files come down 2 - 3 times as fast. I won't do more than 10 - 20 word e-mails on the Treo ....when I gotta send a page and a half or send a large file, I walk upstairs from the lobby to my hotel room if need be and fire up the laptop. I can be much more productive multitasking with a full keyboard on a 17" laptop than single tasking and thumb typing on a Treo.

Verizon's plan at 1,100 Kbps is $45, Cingular's at 220 kbps is $25 and Sprint's at 80 kbps is $15. Again, latency may eat up a lot of that speed on Cingular for short messages and if that's your usage, no reason to spend the $10 each month. But if you have to grab a bunch of big files each day, the guy with the faster conenction is gonna get a few minutes jump on the guy with the slower one. Each user must decide if that's worth the $10 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

Verizon's plan at 1,100 Kbps is $45, Cingular's at 220 kbps is $25 and Sprint's at 80 kbps is $15.
    Verizon's T650 probably will not support EVDO so it won't get anywhere close to 1,100Kbps. And Cingular's EDGE service is more than $25. Even their non-EDGE unlimited data service is more than $25.

You can get Sprint's service for $10 a month unlimited.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast