Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yes, I searched; if I missed the correct post, please let me know.

This unit seems to not want to charge, overnight or otherwise -- I've tried a different battery, and different chargers (Seidio car, iGo), and it won't take. I've seen it happen before, but after a reset it worked again. So I did the same, many times, but no luck. I don't want to do a hard-reset, because I'll just lose all the settings I had beforehand (since I've seen that getting the 'old' apps from the Backup folder usually causes more problems), but what would you recommend?

Seen it before?
    So is the little lightning symbol on the battery to indicate that it is charging?
    I know you said you dont want to but the only advice I can give is to hard reset and then see if it will charge. But Im a newbie hopefully the pros will chime in.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yeah, the chime, the lightning, but no readings that either batteries charge. Just a warning (even over night) that the battery is low etc.
    It sounds like you have tried everything. The last thing to do is take it back but before you do of course you would want to hard reset so you would of course trouble shoot then to see if it is a 3rd party app causing the problem. Or the next one might have the same problem.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Only one inconsistency I've found: I have a third battery, though I don't know which one came originally with the Treo, that charges fine.

The other two I've been having problems with looks slightly different (squared edges all around, as opposed to a slightly rounded edge with the 'good' one.)

The 'Type' numbers of the ones that don't work:
    157-10014-00

The unit that does charge:
    157-10014-01

Strange, because they've charged before! Could be I ordered the wrong kind of Treo battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Strange, because they've charged before! Could be I ordered the wrong kind of Treo battery?
    That would seem unlikely, since the 650 is the only one that takes the replacable battery.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    There is a difference between the batteries, in terms of shape and Type #s. Odd.
    Where did you get the "01" battery from. If i Google "157-10014-00", it returns 2 1/2 pages of links. "157-10014-01" brings up nothing.

Also, my factory battery is "00". Seems odd indeed. 'Specially since the "01" works!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Theres are a few threads about bad batteries causing resets and other junk, if one of you batteries charge just fine then one could only assume theres nothing wrong with the Treo.
    I would not worry about a hard reset since your back up file will restore your Treo back to its original state in regards to the data. However, if a 3rd party app is causing the problem, the reset will probably not help. What 3rd party apps do you have loaded?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I swear up and down those battery numbers are correct, and I searched Google too -- with the same surprise.

Everything's been fine until recently. No major changes for a while.

So one of the 'bad' batteries is indicating a half-full charge, and the light is green on the Treo…

I have an -01 battery. It's a 1900 mAh from Dan's on ebay. My stock battery is -00 and 1800 mAh and was a piece of crap- held a charge for 6 hrs with no usage at all. This "-01" rocks!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I think I may have gotten the 01 battery from Amazon, probably from yourwirelesssource.
    james, what launcher are you using, I like the background.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Its Megalauncher with a background I copied from webshots. I made some of the icons in photoshop and created icons with the megalauncher icon converter. I love it, its a launcher/filemanager/backup manager all for only 15 bucks.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Still having problems. Now with the 'good' battery. (not charging.)

sigh. Time to do a hard reset?
    Sounds like it, keep us posted
    Are you sure the battery is making proper contact? Did you eyeball the little contacts inside the battery compartment, to see if maybe one is bent or defective in some way?

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Yup
    Hmmm... suppose you checked the charge input on the bottom of your Treo too? (Where the Sync/Power connector plug into)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast