1. HLK
    I'm a new treo 650 owner trying to utilze my yahoo mail account w/ versamail. Not sure if I'm setting it up correctly but can't get it to work.

Can anyone please confirm if this can be done.

Thanks in advance
    you have to sign up to Yahoo's pop service which cost $19.99/yr to be able to download e-mails to yr mobile device or outlook.

Hope this helps.
    Or get Gmail for Free! Same as Yahoo! 19.99 deal, but FREE. Versamail sucks, Snappermail, & Chattermail is what you should look at, but you will need to pay for their service, & well worth it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    You dont have to pay to dl messages from yahoo. I use Yahoo with Versamail and it works flawlessly. pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com user & pass.
    I always thought you have to pay for Yahoo POP. I tried the settings you gave and they don't work for me. I don't know how you got those settings to work with Yahoo. They must have let you slip through the cracks.
    Yes Yahoo! Pop3 is 19.99 a year, its called Yahoo mail plus, & that's what you need in order to use pop.yahoo.com & stmp.yahoo.com

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Well no, Pop-access IS free.

From yahoo.com, Mailsettings:

POP Access & Forwarding
    gives you even more flexibility with two free features!

As a Yahoo! Delivers member (you asked to receive special offers via when you registered with us), you can take advantage of email forwarding and POP access. Each one is free, exclusively for Yahoo! Delivers members.

So... It is free. and I havent recieved a single "special offer" since signing up about a year ago!

Cheers
    /Vigge
    This is all new to me. How did you sign up as a "Yahoo Delivers" member? I've had a yahoo account for years now and still hve to pay if I want POP access.
  9. HLK
    Yes, how do we sign up for "yahoo Delivers" otherwsie it's not free.
    Yes please tell us.........

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    my.yahoo.com>Account Settings>Edit Marketing Prefrences

But I don't see anything about free pop mail. Also it says it takes up to ten days for settings to go into effect.
    I'm still getting an error message.
    I dont see anything about free pop mail either. It would be nice if this was free though.

Are there any special settings we should use on the Treo to see if it does work?
    No special settings are required in your treo.
    http://www.yahoo.com -> Mail -> Mail Options -> Pop Access and Forwarding.
    The rest you should be able to figure out.
    Evidentally this is only in older accounts, eventhough I've had my acct many years it seems if you checked a box stating you'd recieve advertisements or something you have this option... I must not have checked it.

Am I wrong?
    I tried to figure this out too but failed...no where do I see a way of enabling POP mail through my Yahoo mail. I tried, and tried...no luck.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    When you go to mail options, under Management, below Mail Accounts, if you don't see POP Access and Forwarding, then faggedaboutit. One of my accounts has the option, other doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigge
    You dont have to pay to dl messages from yahoo. I use Yahoo with Versamail and it works flawlessly. pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com user & pass.

ok but what type of account is it - Pop3?

Thanks!~
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Yes Yahoo! Pop3 is 19.99 a year, its called Yahoo mail plus, & that's what you need in order to use pop.yahoo.com & stmp.yahoo.com
    actually the settings are "Incoming Mail Server" pop.mail.yahoo.com and "Outgoing Mail Server" smtp.mail.yahoo.com. try these. it works great for me. only enter your yahoo id no the "@yahoo.com" part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigge

have the same settings as you mentioned above - but I set it up with Chatter and I get this error, "Login fails"

It stays "offline"

My AOL works fine - always shows the small blue letter icon on lower right side.

Why is this happening with Yahoo??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    fkjr2 - You can send me a log; it could just be that you're logged into that email account from another machine (POP3 doesn't allow simultaneous access).

Marc