1.    #1  
    Just picked up the Cingular 650 and am mostly pleased. One concern is the popping and static sound that comes from the speaker. If I use certain ring tones or alerts the speaker pops pretty badly and has a lot of static and hiss. Additionally the speakerphone volume stinks, but Iíve read here that is the case for most. I just came from a Blackberry 7100 and the speaker phone was 4 times as loud and 10 times (subjective of course) as clear.

Do all Cingular 650ís have the popping static speaker problem, or should I return mine for an exchange?

Ken
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilkins
    Just picked up the Cingular 650 and am mostly pleased. One concern is the popping and static sound that comes from the speaker. If I use certain ring tones or alerts the speaker pops pretty badly and has a lot of static and hiss. Additionally the speakerphone volume stinks, but Iíve read here that is the case for most. I just came from a Blackberry 7100 and the speaker phone was 4 times as loud and 10 times (subjective of course) as clear.

Do all Cingular 650ís have the popping static speaker problem, or should I return mine for an exchange?

Ken
    Exchange it. I had the same problem on my first Cingular Treo 650 (along with constant resetting). My replacement is much more stable and the speaker doesn't pop.
    Mine pops. But I don't want to play the change out game so I'll deal with it...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by alamerican
    Exchange it. I had the same problem on my first Cingular Treo 650 (along with constant resetting). My replacement is much more stable and the speaker doesn't pop.

With your new 650 did the earpiece volume and/or speaker volume improve?