Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hmm, lots and lots of suggestions here. But I haven't seen a single response from the original "developer to be."

Is Devworks out there? Is he actually trying to develop anything?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbody
    I'd like an application that detects the ambient noise in the environment via the microphone and automatically adjusts the volume of the ringer accordingly (loud environment = loud ring, quiet environment = quiet ring)
    BrightCam still does that.
    Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    How about this? I made the graphics a long time ago when I owned a Sony Clie.

http://www.rgentile.com/game2.html
    ----
    Graphics and Animation
    http://www.anim8tions.com
    A Bloody Good 'Golf Game!'
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    A program to give you a Wake-Up Call. It scans your datebook (say, at midnight) and schedules an alarm some configurable amount of time (like 2 hours) before your first appointment of the day.

Secretaries at work sometimes schedule obscenely early meetings in my Outlook. Having this app means I'll never miss them, even if I didn't notice them there the night before.
    I second the "bloody good golf game" suggestion. I can't believe we have had hires palms for 3 years and no hi res golf game. It almost makes me want to switch to a pocketpc.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I second the "bloody good golf game" suggestion. I can't believe we have had hires palms for 3 years and no hi res golf game. It almost makes me want to switch to a pocketpc.
    To be honest with you, I thought long & hard about going with the PPC-6700 before I got the 650. A good golf game is IMPORTANT!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    any of you guys seen this (free!!) golf game: Golf Pride Grips (warning: haven't tried it and there's no documentation)
    Anyone willing to try it out?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    FWIW: It works perfectly in the Treo 650 simulator. I'm not into golf though, so I ain't gonna try it on my Treo.
    How about a decent tv guide program that you can update wirelessly.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    how about a simple "Dial by Photo" ? Like a thumbnail layout of your favorite contacts by their picture...
    How about an application that can fool a service provider into recognizing the treo650 as a hiptop?

Many providers offer unlimited data plans for hiptops for cheap, but they charge an arm and a leg for regular data plans. If a treo could emulate the hiptop in the way it accesses the internet wirelessly, then the user can surf all day for 20$ flat instead of paying 15$ for a few MB
    How about something 100% unique? A utility to search & replace Calendar data, specifically in the notes for an appointment. I'll buy it.
    80% of my indoor photos taken by the Treo 650 are under or over exposure. I would love and praise (and pay!!) for a program that can control the exposure setting and jpg compression ratio and preview before shooting.

Cheers,
    Alex
    Last edited by alexlyf; 12/03/2005 at 11:45 AM.
    How about a Teleprompter type program for giving presentations. I'd want to control the scroll speed and font size - maybe even have the scroll run while holding a button down and slow or stop when you release.
    A minute utility that could be called/triggered by Milan Votava's Profiles to allow a different wallpaper for each of your profiles...

This would be an uber utility for profile users as the Notification Box that Milan's Profiles displays is gone in seconds.

A "permanent" different wallpaper for each profile would remind the user which profile is in use every time the screen is viewed
    OKay here's a biggie imo!

How about vCard transfer support over SMS!!!!!!!!!!! The Treo 650 does not have vCard over SMS support, and thus you cannot send any contact details over SMS. Also, when receiving a vCard, it simply displays it as text.

It is unbelievable but I have NOT been unable to find a solution for this. I cannot believe that it is not supported in the native apps, and that no 3rd party software can do this either!? Seems like a perfect project for a developer imo....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Ok, this is probably too ambitious of a suggestion, but what would be really cool would be to have a proxy based web browser, much like the current Opera version, but where a user's own host computer serves as the proxy, locally running the html filtering program.

Most of us leave our home computer with broadband access on 24/7 nowadays, and a proxy application would be a great way to acheive blistering fast web-browsing from the pda device, but without having to pay the monthly charge for a provider's proxy service or worry about any additional privacy concerns.

I'd pay $75 for this sort of app. I can think a couple of additional features which could be added on later, like secure file transfer from the host computer and whatnot.
    Last edited by Tim_treo; 12/14/2005 at 12:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    "How about a Teleprompter type program for giving presentations. I'd want to control the scroll speed and font size - maybe even have the scroll run while holding a button down and slow or stop when you release."

Your audience will think that you look a little funny while squinting at a 2" x 2" screen and trying to give a presentation at the same time, won't they?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast