Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Some kind of "dial by contact photo" program.

Can someone PLEASE develop a 'FREE' app that will turn the screen off while on a call (T600)?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Can someone PLEASE develop a 'FREE' app that will turn the screen off while on a call (T600)?
    Oh, puleeze. You bought a $600 phone and can't spend $9 on TreoGuard (which blanks the screen and so much more)?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Oh, puleeze. You bought a $600 phone and can't spend $9 on TreoGuard (which blanks the screen and so much more)?
    1st of all I didn't spend $600 on it.
    As for the $9, please I have already spent hundreds of $$ on apps/accessories for this gadget so it's not even a $$ thing. I would pay a couple of bucks for it if I had to.

2nd, I have all the stuff that Treoguard offers on my phone already, so why duplicate? I just want one simple app that will turn off the screen while on the phone. Mark (chatter) use to have one and now he dosn't offer it anymore.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I'm interested in a utility that keeps the Treo 650 side buttons active when the screen goes off.

I want to be able to control my MP3 player (Aeroplayer, in this case) without removing it from my holster. i.e.~"next song" on the customizable button and volume on the volume buttons is all I need. Currently. I have to remove my phone from the holster to hit the power button to get access to the side buttons and it's a pain the ars.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodHw
    I'm interested in a utility that keeps the Treo 650 side buttons active when the screen goes off.

I want to be able to control my MP3 player (Aeroplayer, in this case) without removing it from my holster. i.e.~"next song" on the customizable button and volume on the volume buttons is all I need. Currently. I have to remove my phone from the holster to hit the power button to get access to the side buttons and it's a pain the ars.
    My program "ScreenCare" will do this for you. I specifically built this support in for pTunes.

Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

I took a look, but my impression is that ScreenCare only comes on during pTunes sessions. Is that correct? I can't test this readily because my pTunes trial expired. Last I knew pTunes doesn't let you set the customizable button which is why I like using Aeroplayer. If only I could get the side buttons to stay on all of the time.
    would like to see a splash screen manager so we can easily switch between multiple splash on/off screens stored in a folder on the SD card
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    i'd like an app that sorts the international chars using the ALT button to the most used. At the moment my language is in the button, and then i have to press ALT many times. I'd rather just press it once.

Or maybe to move the international chars to another button.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Hi

Another application that i'm looking for is a OpenVPN client for my Treo 650. I'd prefer OpenVPN 2.0 connections, as they use an individual certificate for each user. 1.x just uses a common shared key.

JonB
    I'd like an application that detects the ambient noise in the environment via the microphone and automatically adjusts the volume of the ringer accordingly (loud environment = loud ring, quiet environment = quiet ring)
  12. agi
    Native PDF Viewer gets my vote. Seems Pixel is ignoring our requests so that would be a great time for someone else to jump in.
    An SMS archiving tool would be great....

Tresmart requires Eudora, which I do not use.
    Another vote for screen rotation.
    Has anyone looked into doing a port of MiniMo to Palm? http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/

We *really* need a better alternative to Blazer.
    Has anyone developed anything here. Geez!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    How about an SMS Spoof? I hear in Europe they got that working, what about us in the U.S.? If it aint illegal it would be a fun app....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I'd like to turn the ringer switch on the top of my 650 into an on/off switch for the pda so that I can stick my Treo into my pocket without it turning on. Somehow my thigh and wallet are able to press the power and center buttons in sequence way too often.

OR turn the ringer switch into a key lock switch like on the iPod so that pressing the keys will do nothing.

(I know the obvious solution is to get a case with a flip cover, but I really don't like flip covers...)
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++
    Hi

Another application that i'm looking for is a OpenVPN client for my Treo 650. I'd prefer OpenVPN 2.0 connections, as they use an individual certificate for each user. 1.x just uses a common shared key.

JonB

YES!! I second that! I was just about to request it, and here it is! Maybe the Mergic VPN folks can take a crack at it since they already understand the neworking/tunneling API.

Dana
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have my treo with screen off & locked most all the time that it's not in use. When it gets an alert, the screen turns on but then goes off very quickly. I'd like to set the time that this alert would stay visible.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast