Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ahhh...like Salling Clicker us Mac-heads enjoy?
    Ahh, yes and I am jealous as hell. I hate being green day in and day out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Doesn't Jeff Gibson have an app that does this? I think its called Profiles
    I found a Profiles by Milan Votava at palmgear
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?P55825CFA

Thx for the tip sxtg. I will check it out and see if will allow you to mute on timer.

Edit: Yep, works great! In fact, I would add to must have app for Treo 650.
    Last edited by Hotoru; 05/01/2005 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added Review
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotoru
    I found a Profiles by Milan Votava at palmgear
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?P55825CFA

Thx for the tip sxtg. I will check it out and see if will allow you to mute on timer.
    Maybe thats the wrong app then. I know Jeff Gibson has an app that will do that. Look in the developers forum here on TC
  4.    #24  
    How about a simple spell check for sms or all of the phone apps?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Please see my post (new thread) regarding the pqa we want to make work on the new Treo/Palm OS...it's under the Developers Corner, dated today (May 2/05)....it's on our wishlist!
    Jai
    I haven't been able to find an app that allows scheduling a bluetooth hotsync. It would be even better if it were rules based, like sync if it discovers it's home PC. It would sync every XX hours if near home PC. Should also have options not to sync if phone in use, etc.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Maybe thats the wrong app then. I know Jeff Gibson has an app that will do that. Look in the developers forum here on TC
    Thanks for the plug.

The application is called ProfileCare. Its the ultimate profile application for the Treo. You can read about it and download it from:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83409

There are 2 mute functions in this application (along with adjusting 24 other Treo settings). The first is the one in all other applications - set all sounds to Zero. But 3rd party applications can easily bypass this setting. ProfileCare implements a second mute that is the software equivalent to the hardware mute switch on the top of the Treo. But this one has a timer and can be controlled through a profile or through an entry in your calendar.

Hope you enjoy the application. It was developed by a team of almost 100 beta testers for a 3 month period.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I haven't been able to find an app that allows scheduling a bluetooth hotsync. It would be even better if it were rules based, like sync if it discovers it's home PC. It would sync every XX hours if near home PC. Should also have options not to sync if phone in use, etc.
    Part of this is in ProfileCare today. You can schedule HotSync and it will not sync if it sees the phone is active. You can also tell the sync to use the Local or modem connection.

I have an addon to ProfileCare that will bring in BT awareness and be able to change profiles based on detection of a specific or general BT device. I am looking for user requirements for this function at the present time.

Jeff
    How about a full featured stop watch with splits?

A simple one button voice recorder that records to memory or SD card?

A new version of Clip that works on the 650 to give a command line?
    not really a palm app per se, but an app that would enable the hotsync to be started from an icon on the pc.

(Some cheaper cradles/cables don't have hotsync buttons on them, but still connect to the pc, & you need to click hotsync on the palm to start it.)
    Enable the ringer volume button to go all the way to mute, and then one more click to mute & vibrate.

Configuring the phones preferences to vibrate and not vibrate on use of the mute switch on top of the phone is not practical.
    How about remote control of music studio equipment via MIDI commands sent over bluetooth?
    I was doing a recording session the other day and the engineers were gawking over my 650 and I immediately thought that it would be great to be able to spit out MIDI to remotely control studio equipment.

We already have MIDI ringtones and bluetooth. It may just be a matter of sending the MIDI bits over the air. Could it just be a driver that is needed?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    How about remote control of music studio equipment via MIDI commands sent over bluetooth?
    I was doing a recording session the other day and the engineers were gawking over my 650 and I immediately thought that it would be great to be able to spit out MIDI to remotely control studio equipment.

We already have MIDI ringtones and bluetooth. It may just be a matter of sending the MIDI bits over the air. Could it just be a driver that is needed?

Thanks!
    I'd like to hear more about your needs on this. Contact me at:

GoTreo@wideopenwest.com

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Enable the ringer volume button to go all the way to mute, and then one more click to mute & vibrate.

Configuring the phones preferences to vibrate and not vibrate on use of the mute switch on top of the phone is not practical.
    Have you seen ProfileCare yet? Allows you to do much more with mute than setting the volume to 0. This will not mute sounds from leaving the 650. 3rd party applications can bypass that value very easily. PC implements a software mute that is equivalent to the hardware mute switch on the Treo. You can access this feature with a simple HotKey. So much more you can do on top of that but this is reply is directed to your request.

Here is a link to the documentation:

http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads/...ide_v1.2.3.pdf

The application itself can be DL'ed:

http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads/...CareV1.2.5.zip

Jeff
    I would love to have a Voice Alert program.

With my old PPC I was able to customize Alerts to a voice message wav to announce each calendar alert (if I wanted) such as "Remember to go to the bank" instead of a simple audio alarm alert and needing to stop and read the Alert.

I realize this would take up more space on my unit but not missing Alerts because they TELL me exactly what I need to know would be so useful.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    The killer app i would like to see is a vnc SERVER running on my treo 650, such that i can control it from my mac using BlueTooth and a vnc client.

The reason is that i dont want the hassle of removing my phone from the craddle or from my pocket.

JonB
    Since the CallFilter developer seems to have gone AWOL, a replacement for that would be nice. But I think that's way too complicated for a first app, so how about just a small piece of it:

An app to interface with the Profiles app from Milan that will allow me to override the ringer associated with a favorite when I select a specific profile. Here's what I mean:

I have a favorite for my wife with the ringtone FurElise assigned.

I have a profile called LOUD that sets the known caller ringtone to Colors. Colors is a VERY loud ringtone.

But the known caller ringtone doesn't override the favorite ringtone. So when I'm in a noisy environment, I may miss a call from my wife because the FurElise ringtone isn't very loud.

CallFilter, on the treo 600, interfaces with Profiles to let you assign a ringtone to a specific addressbook entry, for a specific profile name. That would let me have profile "Normal", Favorite "Wife" Ringtone "FurElise." And profile "LOUD", Favorite "Wife", Ringtone "Colors."

Unforunately, CallFilter doesn't work on the 650.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Two words One acronym:

Native PDF Viewer
    I've asked for this before, but ill do it again.

SMS invite program.

u can send SMS messages to people inviting them to accept a meeting, task, contact, or event in palm PIM apps.

seems simple (if I only knew how to program palm os ;-) . know my wife would like it.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast