Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    Some of us are quicker to ask than to find out on their own. No real biggie! Maybe he has more time to be on TC to post. Or maybe he has found out that by asking, he can get updated info. Either way, we all get to the same road. Some of us (like me) find our own way, and others stop for directions.

Are you trying to catch him with your consectutive posts?
    I come here to learn by reading the posts, usually don't have to ask a question as most stuff has alreday been asked and answered....I read all the new posts every day and if I can help someone, I am only too glad to. I have been running on line forums for well over a dozen years now...back in the days when you paid by character for dial up service and its grown kinda hard to elave somebody hanging when with a little effort you can help smeone along.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    With the exception of this scenario, where both items use the same charger, don't you wind up having to buy multiple AC chargers to have one in the house and one in the car? Or do you carry the AC back and forth from house to car? BOOM!!! Head just exploded at that thought.
    The AC chargers for things like cameras / laptops are failry cheap compared to their "car" counterparts. When I travel with my laptop, the charger goes in the bag with the laptop....same with camera.///I arry it around.

With the Treo, have 3:

-The original one is in my bag (hotel):
    -The cradle is on my desk (office)
    -The TWH one is in my car.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Q - is the TWH model 3206WW?
    Yep.

Am I the only one who is absolutely puzzled by the AC adapter setup that comes with the TWH? It looks like it comes with some different attachments, probably for international use, but for the life of me I can't find the one that fits into my wall socket (I live in the US).
    I assumed they all came with the 'local' pins already fitted. Mine came with the UK pins fitted to the adaptor but there were European, Australian and US pins in the little plastic bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I assumed they all came with the 'local' pins already fitted. Mine came with the UK pins fitted to the adaptor but there were European, Australian and US pins in the little plastic bag.
    Are the UK pins the (relatively) large pins in a triangular fashion?

I've ordered the Palm Cradle and a TWH, both have come with the largest plug set up as default, rather than the US.

I think its an interesting marketing thing for palm: they get to seem "jetsetting" because they include all the international adapters, but, in reality, they only have to design one version of the power cord per product and ship it to each market.
    Quote Originally Posted by superboom
    I think its an interesting marketing thing for palm: they get to seem "jetsetting" because they include all the international adapters, but, in reality, they only have to design one version of the power cord per product and ship it to each market.
    On the downside, for them, they also have to make their charger work on mutiple frequencies and voltages.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Are the UK pins the (relatively) large pins in a triangular fashion?
    Like this: Type G Plug?
    That's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by samboy
    I hate the plastic packaging that electronics are coming in these days. Does anyone know the best way to open it up without risking damage to the headset? I already tore through mine with scissors like they were the jaws of life or something, but it would be nice to know in the future.
    Here you go, samboy. For $16, problem solved.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadge...ter-101818.php
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    On the downside, for them, they also have to make their charger work on mutiple frequencies and voltages.
    I wonder if the decision to include all of the charger adapters answers the question of which costs more:

1) engineer and produce different versions of the same product for each "power" region

2) engineer one universal plug and the adapters for all "power" regions and sell one version of the product
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Jabra makes numerous BT headsets including OEM'ing many others such as the Treo Wireless Headset. Forum users will wanna know what model you talking about:

Jabra BT110
    Jabra BT130
    Jabra BT200
    Jabra BT210
    Jabra BT250
    Jabra BT250v
    Jabra BT330
    Jabra BT350 (just saw this.....has vibrate or head rattling mode)
    Jabra BT500
    Jabra BT800
    BTW, this was design by jabra... but it is a Treo™ Wireless Headset... was amazed becuase i thought it wont work with Nokia, but its really great... you can paired with nokia 6230.
    Last edited by Budds; 05/04/2005 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Hey i was reading a thread that you had posted a reply in, and you mentioned the Jabra BT headset. Which one is this? And where could i get it from?
    Yes, this at palmone online store. This headtset is design for Treo 650, i tried in Nokia 6230 it was amazing. BTW, you can check this on this link http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ac...ssheadset.html .. maybe its our secret , just kidding... try it!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123