Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well... just wasted two hours on the telephone with PalmOne to report another software bug:

Play an mp3 with Real Player
    While Real Player playing music and change to any other screen (e.g. answer phone)
    By accident, eject the SD Smart Card from the Treo 650 (e.g. try to answer the phone and press the wrong area).
    Then the thing crashes so bad you have to remove the case remove the battery cover and press the hard reset button!
    PalmOne's answer is "It is like a floppy on your computer, you should exit your program before you remove the floppy!” They continue: “It is not a bug since you did not shutdown the application properly”
    I answered “It should not crash the whole PDA!”
    They answered “sorry you need to shutdown the application first, this is not a bug!”

Well Duh! Pushing any button on the device should not crash any device. PalmOne you get an ‘F’ in support! Happy I did not pay extra for it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Bug 2:
    Go to contacts
    Select any contacts
    Click on the properties button
    Send contact
    Bluetooth
    Wait until the search is done
    Click cancel
    and you just lost 1/10th the screen at the bottom left hand side.
    PalmOne's answer: Not a bug, call sprint!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Video Bug
    Put in new SD Card inside the unit
    Try to record 10 minutes of video
    The video is lost and your Treo ran out of primary ram
    Can not copy to SD card because you need space to free space

PalmOne's answer: Make many small videos and copy to SD card and then delete from primary memory.

My answer:
    How about changing your program to record to the SD card and bypass the primary ram! Stop to be an ***** PalmOne!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    The Palm OS is a very simple one with very little error trapping. Having a corrupted file, or, in this case, taking out the SD Card while attempting to access files therein, will crash it. This is normal, expected behavior.

I would expect it to reset itself, most likely.

This is a case of knowing what to expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrthomasfritz
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Video Bug
    Put in new SD Card inside the unit
    Try to record 10 minutes of video
    The video is lost and your Treo ran out of primary ram
    Can not copy to SD card because you need space to free space

PalmOne's answer: Make many small videos and copy to SD card and then delete from primary memory.

My answer:
    How about changing your program to record to the SD card and bypass the primary ram! Stop to be an ***** PalmOne!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I don't know what to say about this one except I have recorded over 1/2 hour of video directly to the SD Card. I don't know why you can't, or why there response was so odd - maybe this is a CDMA/GSM phone difference?
    There is no "hard reset button". Sorry to be harsh but...

Why should P1 "care" that you try to answer the phone by ejecting the SD card. They don't care that I try to change the channel on my TV by brushing my teeth.
    bug 2....you may have run out of dynamic heap memory which is finite on any device.
    Boy...if we had to troubleshoot every possible scenario for every possible product we ever made, no products will ever be release. It is already a headache just opening up a manual nowadays without the extra precautions taking up half the book. Some things require some common sense.

Sorry to say, the consumers will always beta test products and bugs will arise from even the best products.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    reset...reset...reset...
    Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I bend over backwards and put my toe in my mouth while blinking."

Doctor: "Then don't do it."
    By accident, eject the SD Smart Card from the Treo 650 (e.g. try to answer the phone and press the wrong area).
    What? Is your Treo designed differently than mine? I can't see how it would be possible to eject your card when you are trying to answer the phone. Or, for that matter, when trying to do ANYTHING else except trying to eject the card.

Be honest, you uncovered this "bug" when you intentionally ejected the card right? There is virtually no way to do it by mistake.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    What? Is your Treo designed differently than mine? I can't see how it would be possible to eject your card when you are trying to answer the phone. Or, for that matter, when trying to do ANYTHING else except trying to eject the card.

Be honest, you uncovered this "bug" when you intentionally ejected the card right? There is virtually no way to do it by mistake.
    Maybe he was toting it in the manner described in this
    thread and beared down too hard when it rang.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Maybe he was toting it in the manner described in this
    thread and beared down too hard when it rang.
    OMG, that is hilarous (and oddly arrousing)

But, since he's a Mr. that exact scenario wouldn't work. ...but, there is another option (If that is the case, that is one Treo I wouldn't want back, thats for sure.)
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    They don't call it a treo for nothing
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    get ready to be called apologists......
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    get ready to be called apologists......
    Yep! because this...
    While Real Player playing music and change to any other screen (e.g. answer phone)
    happens almost everytime my phone rings.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    happens almost everytime my phone rings.
    ...while driving 80mph on the Jersey Turnpike, eating my BigMac and changing radio station...

no, actually I was answering the phone,listening to an MP3, switching apps, ejecting the sd-card AND changing the radio with an IR hack....

piece of crap
    I really feel sorry for the PalmOne people having to deal with customers like this guy.

"Um, try pushing the green button to answer a call instead of the SD card." Click.
    While Real Player playing music and change to any other screen
    By accident, eject the battery from the Treo 650 , Then the thing crashes so bad, you have to insert battery again!
    PalmOne's answer is "It is like a power supply on your computer, you should shut down you machine before you remove the power supply !” They continue: “It is not a bug since you did not shutdown properly”
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    It seems to me that you called the wrong place for support.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Palm$ $has$ $no$ $responsiblity$ $for$ $3rd$ $party$ $software$ $applications$ ($such$ $as$ $RealPlayer$).
    I tried answering the phone by throwing the Treo against the wall. Now it doesn't work at all anymore.

The Treo is very poorly built. I might just have to start a website about it.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    I tried answering the phone by throwing the Treo against the wall. Now it doesn't work at all anymore.

The Treo is very poorly built. I might just have to start a website about it.
    I'll sign your petition! This Treo sucks because [insert new buzzword or emotionally derived feature here] is not supported!!1e111oneone__underscore111!!!oneone!!!111.

I'm actually going to protest my Treo because I've not figured out how to right click yet. PALMONE WHERE IS MY RIGHT-CLICK!!!!11oneone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast