1.    #1  
    I know as it stated in other threads that the internet and mac have been discussed. I am know a lot about computers
    My first was an Apple 2 gs and I also had an epson xt

I do not understand the explanations in the other threads
    Right now I use PDANET and a PC to go wirelessly

I am at the point where I am going to buy a new computer laptop
    I am considering a MAC

I don't understand the threads about if it is possible to use my treo 650 with a power book to go to the internet wirelessly like I do with a PC

I do not understand what tethering is
    and I want to know if it will work and not be a pain

I hope that i don't get a sarcastic answer that this subject has been beaten to death. I searched this subject here and still need a better answer and explanation
    Thanks
    Julius Edlavitch
    Last edited by juliusedlavitch; 04/24/2005 at 09:51 AM. Reason: add my photo
    Quote Originally Posted by juliusedlavitch
    I am know a lot about computers
    impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    impressive
    Indeed, quite impressive.

YES you can easily connect a Mac to a Treo to access the net. You do it with Bluetooth, not by USB tethering. There is an entire page devoted it it here:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

This has been mentioned countless times.
  4.    #4  
    Don't mean to impress
    But mean to explain I am having difficulty understanding the thread despite years of computer experience and I really want to learn because I am dieing to have a mac but need to be able to do the things i do on a PC like wirelessly got to Internet and do easy movie editing.

I did go to the web site and I also went to the one in the April popular Science magazine's article on DUN and the treo 650 whcih actually gives
    another site that expalins things too

WHAT DOES TETHERING MEAN?
    Just for my own education

ACORDING TO THE STORY IN POPULAR SCIENCE, when you do it through blue tooth you are not only using data minutes but also cell talk time minutes
    IS THIS TRUE?
  5.    #5  
    You want to be impressed see my MUSKEE
    Julius
    Don't mean to impress
    WHAT DOES TETHERING MEAN?
    Just for my own education
    Tethering generally refers to connecting your computer and phone via cable.
    ACORDING TO THE STORY IN POPULAR SCIENCE, when you do it through blue tooth you are not only using data minutes but also cell talk time minutes
    IS THIS TRUE?
    No. Actually, I guess it could. In general, with a Treo, you would use the phones data plan, not voice minutes. If you are a Sprint user, you would take advantage of your Vision connection. The only way it counts towards voice minutes would be if you dial into an ISP, like using a dial up modem on your PC.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."