1.    #1  
    So... I'm the guy who has been bashing Seidio's Sync and Charge Cables in the past. I complained about the end connector having a problem with one of the contacts. Seidio listened! Not only did they listen, and fix the problems, but they made the cable better then before.

I just received a new version of their Retractable Sync and Charge Cable with integrated Sync button.

Specs:
    -30" long when extended, retracts to a few inches long.
    -USB 2.0 Connector on one end
    -Improved Treo 650 connector on the other end with Sync button

With one end of the cable connected to a Treo 650, the USB end can be plugged into a computer, USB AC Adapter, or USB Cigarette lighter adapter. This will charge the Treo 650. I couldn't tell how long it takes to charge, but leaving the phone in overnight gives me a full charge.

You can also use this same cable to hotsync the Treo 650 with a PC. This new version has a Hotsync button on it (Nice!). So you can just plug it in to your PC and press the hotsync button.

The cable also works for use as a data cable to use the Treo 650 as a wireless modem. I've used it extensively with PdaNet.

I've used the previous version of this cable (without hotsync button, but improved end piece) over the last week while travelling for work. It performs great. It's nice not having to pack all kinds of adapters and cables. I can just pack my laptop, AC Adapter, and the Seidio Sync and Charge cable. It has definitely helped to lighten my load.

This new version has two main advantages over Seidio's previous version:
    1. The newer style Treo 650 connector, which is much more durable then the previous version.
    2. Integrated Hotsync button. Works great... less hassle changing to the hotsync application.

Overall this thing is a winner!!

Here is a link to the product at Seidio's website:
    Seidio Sync and Charge Cable

I've attached a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looked like a great product especially ability to charge from USB.

However, cannot get it to hotsync with my Dell Inspiron 6000. Get message "Unknown device" Actually " USB device not recognized" and can't seem to find a driver to install it. Anybody have a solution?

Also, bought my cable at the Palm One store in Atlanta airport as a compulsive buy and now feel ripped off since they charged me $39.99 vs $15.99 on the Seidio web site. I'm definitly returning the one I bought as I swing thru the airport tomorrow. Would consider buying direct from Seidio if I was sure I could solve the above Hot Sync problem.

Anybody have a clue?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Something stupid and simple to check, but being a newb I made the mistake and took me a little while to figure out.

Make sure you start the "Hot Sync Manager" before you try to hotsync, otherwise, it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky7425
    Looked like a great product especially ability to charge from USB.

However, cannot get it to hotsync with my Dell Inspiron 6000. Get message "Unknown device" Actually " USB device not recognized" and can't seem to find a driver to install it. Anybody have a solution?

Also, bought my cable at the Palm One store in Atlanta airport as a compulsive buy and now feel ripped off since they charged me $39.99 vs $15.99 on the Seidio web site. I'm definitly returning the one I bought as I swing thru the airport tomorrow. Would consider buying direct from Seidio if I was sure I could solve the above Hot Sync problem.

Anybody have a clue?

Have you been able to do a hotsync with the cable/cradle and your device previous to this? If you have been successful in the past with your previous connect device, please try it again. If it is successful, try your newer cable and see if it syncs then. Just to let you know, Seidio doesn't OEM retractable cables to Palm, so I'm not sure who the manufacturer of your cable is.
    I too like this cable. However, if the first one That I bought had worked as well as this one, I am sure that I would never have noticed it.

The fundamental problem is not with the cable but with the 650 connector. One would think that after changing the connector for each new device, Palm would finally get it right. Instead, they seem to be going down hill.
    I've had this little toy for a couple months...Works great...easy to charge the Treo off of my Laptop (IBM T42) and also hotsync whenever I need
    I was getting tired of the cheapo eBay cables breaking (even though they come with lifetime warranties). I ordered last week and hope to get it today.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.