1.    #1  
    My Treo has recently started dropping the ability to see GPRS availability. I have to turn the phone/radio off and on again to see GPRS. Anyone seeing the same problem?
    Last edited by osxman; 05/03/2005 at 12:13 AM.
    What do you mean by "see GPRS"?

Can you not connect to the GPRS/EDGE network?

If so, what happens?
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  3.    #3  
    The little half triangle above the signal meter disappears.I have to turn the phone/radio off and on again.
  4.    #4  
    I've isolated it to Vodafone AU or the SIM as there's no problem with another carrier (Telstra). Will get a replacement SIM and see if problem persists
    So, is the problem simply the little triangle? I mean have you tried accessing the data network?
    Soylent Green Is People

6.    #6  
    Yes, when there's no little triangle you can't get data services. That's what the little triangle means! If you try to connect to GPRS you get an error message.
    I've been experiencing the same problem with my 650 and my VodafoneAU data bundle.. keep me informed of ur findings
  8.    #8  
    "forward" - where abouts in AU are you? I'm in Melbourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by osxman
    Yes, when there's no little triangle you can't get data services. That's what the little triangle means! If you try to connect to GPRS you get an error message.

of course I know what it means. I was asking (twice) what happens when you try to connect.
    Soylent Green Is People

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_

of course I know what it means. I was asking (twice) what happens when you try to connect.
    The Treo sits and waits to connect and does nothing until you do a soft reset. What does it matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by osxman
    The Treo sits and waits to connect and does nothing until you do a soft reset. What does it matter?
    What it matters is I was trying to help troubleshoot your problem, to try to determine the exact problem, and therefore to be able to arrive at a solution.

But since you seem determined to not give out info that would help other uses help, you are on your own. (ie. first you said "If you try to connect to GPRS you get an error message." followed by "The Treo sits and waits to connect and does nothing until you do a soft reset." Both are obvously not true, it's one or the other)
    Soylent Green Is People

12.    #12  
    Just spoke to Vodafone Australia - they advised that they've had big GPRS network problems but they're now fixed. However, the Treo is still dropping GPRS availability... More to follow.
    Last edited by osxman; 05/03/2005 at 12:06 AM.
  13.    #13  
    The latest update - have now tested two different Treo 650 and 3 Vodafone SIM cards. The issue still remains. Have also used a Telstra SIM and there is no problem with GPRS on the Telstra network. Current hypothesis is that it is a Treo 650/Vodafone combination issue.