Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Doah!!

Not a stupid question at all. But no, accually no, now that you mention it I never did turn the phone app back on. Yes, it is true, I am an *****. Ok so now here I am trying to cancel the hotsync before this update starts again....

oh brother, this is just not my day.

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!! It didnt stop it. It is now updating again but the app on the PC is closed.

So, how much is P1 going to charge me to re-flash my phone?

E44
    Last edited by Enzo44; 04/24/2005 at 04:58 PM.
  2. f40
    If the phone is off, there will be no display of the Firmware...

I have just done the upgrade on a Unbranded GSM in New Zealand, from the combined SD & cable, but via SD card.

Everything appears to have worked fine.
    I went from
    Firmware 1.14
    Software 1.05-ROW
    Memory 2.9m free
    Garnet 5.4.5

I now have
    Firmware 1.21
    Software 1.06/5050/0

Memory 10.3m free
    Some apps seem to take more, but obviuosly there is a big saving. My biggest one was Smartlist down from 4560 to 1565

The phone delay mentioned earlier is correct, but only on the first connect. It connects normally every other time. I notice this every time it finds a new carrier for the first time when I am overseas.

All in all a big +++.

I will wait until tonight to see if my biggest problem is solved. My phone goes dead every night at 12.00 so I can not use it as an alarm clock, which is very annoying as that was a such a good thing on the T600.

Steve
    Palm IIIx >- Treo 180 >- 270 >- 600 >- 650
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_madness
    Upgraded a Cingular locked 650 with original firmware (dunno, the one that came with it when I bought it from the store). Did the cable upgrade but got a filesystem partition error and was told to do the sd-card method. Did the SD card method, regained 5 megs (6 -> 11). Headset volume seems louder. Got BT DUN. Removed the cingular branding. I'm happy.
    Can yopu please confirm that it actually removed the SIM lock?
    Ok I survived that, minus a couple of years off of my life due to panic and terror. I have re-updated from SD just in case. I have confirmed the version update and am in the process of reloading apps.

Well I think that this update is pretty unbreakable. I did quite a few things wrong and it still worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperManFan
    Can anyone confirm this idea that the SD version is outdated vs. the combined-SD version? I used the SD version on my locked AT&T Treo and it installed fine. I am showing Palm OS 5.4.7 and firmware 1.21.

What, if anything, is newer in the combined version?
    I also updated from the SD Card version, not the combined one. I have also modified the update to exclude all the language files and VersaMail and include Datebook 5 and LauncherX, as I had done before with the 1.15 update.

I now have:

Firmware: 01.21

Software: Treo650-1.06/5050/0... (something else off the screen to the right)

Hardware: A

Palm OS Garnet v5.4.7

Everything works fine except speaker volume has not increased significantly (or maybe even decreased!).
    Sorry for the noob questions, but I gotta ask somewhere

I have a locked Cingular, Firmware 1.05, Software 1.04-CNG
    Do I need the 1.15 update before the 1.21? Does any of these updates work on locked phones?
    Finally,
    Why does PalmOne's site only list 1.04 firmware upgrade? Doesn't updating with "unapproved software" void warranties?
    Now what about custom roms with this new update. Is it the same?
    thanks
    Reason I ask is because. I just did the update. STUPID ME. I left versamail and all the laguage apps in when I did it.
    crap
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Reason I ask is because. I just did the update. STUPID ME. I left versamail and all the laguage apps in when I did it.
    crap
    Go for it - I did and it went just fine. See my previous post.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hmm, the upgrade worked fine on my unlocked P1 Treo, and phone works fine after the upgrade while it's clean of any other apps.

Anyway, the only problem is as soon as I try to re-sync my profile back to the freshly updated 1.21 Treo, and ChatterEmail starts ****ting a brick and puts it into a reset loop. Is this a Chatter problem, or do I just have an issue with some of the databases? How should I go about getting everything back onto my Treo? Help!

I had to hard reset after the reset loop, and it's fine again, but sans Chatter or any of my other apps.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I cannot for the life of me get the thing to do anything off the SD card except update the firmware to 1.21, which is done. I still have treo 1.04. I have everything on the SD card, but how do you get it to run. ROM update says there is no data file. It does nothing by itself. HELP!!!! I've achived no RAM savings so far, I guess that is not part of the firmware update, as I thought it would be. I've put all the entire SD folder on my SD card, but nothing happens. How do I run the updater? Running ROM update is worthless.

HELP!! I've pretty much spent a whole day on this. First I didn't realize I had to do it off the card, but I've figured that out. I actually ran the Firmware update off of memory, but I've run it since off the card, too. That part is fine. NOthing will make the ROM update work. I cleared out all the non English language files, which too forever, And its all on my ZSD card, I can see it in FILEZ, but no go.
    Ok. Here's something you need to do before restoring your files after the update. If you installed Shadowmite's GSM DUN patch, you have to delete in from your backup. Look for a file that looks like BTManager or somehthing. I'm using BackupBuddy VFS where on the advanced mode, I can delete a selected file on the backup set. If you restore your backup with Shadowmite's patch, you'll have a problem hotsyncing via BT (you'll get the usual 'port is in use' error). If you try activating DUN in the BT setup, you'll get a 'Serial' error as well.

In any case, after the hard reset, and a complete restore (without Shadowmite's BTManager), I see that DUN is activated already. Also, BT hotsync was working again.

I hope this helps.

- Reggie
    http://www.1src.com
    ok, i tried the custom rom. Did not work. I am getting a error htat the ROM update was not able to complete. Anyone have nay input?
    thanks
    This isn't for the Sprint one is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I also updated from the SD Card version, not the combined one. I have also modified the update to exclude all the language files and VersaMail and include Datebook 5 and LauncherX, as I had done before with the 1.15 update.

I now have:

Firmware: 01.21

Software: Treo650-1.06/5050/0... (something else off the screen to the right)

Hardware: A

Palm OS Garnet v5.4.7

Everything works fine except speaker volume has not increased significantly (or maybe even decreased!).
    Could someone explain which files in the card update to remove to accomplish "exclude all the language files and VersaMail" when updating? I'm going to use Snappermail and don't need Versamail.
    Upgrade worked fine for me. Did a bunch of resets (4 maybe) after the upgrade before I got to the "select language" screen. Earpiece and speaker volume has definitely increased. Free memory went from 10.1 MB to 17.8 MB (I have a lot of contacts and calendar entries). Took a while to find the network on first "phone on", but that was expected.
    Also, the update deleted all my Bluetooth "trusted devices". Now I need to re-pair both my bluetooth devices. Anyone else get this?
    BTW, I used the SD card method.

Now it's time to find more stuff to put into this extra free space
    Last edited by jskier; 04/24/2005 at 09:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Works for my Cingular 650 too. Though I have to use the SD card way and have to do a hard reset first before I can update it since there is no enough space... reseted couple times and it works well. However for some reason, the keyboard backlight intensity level dropped and the volume on my earpiece dropped too compare to before update.

Memory part I did not pay attention but it seems somewhat losen a bit... does anyone has the earpiece volume and the keyboard backlight intensity actually dropped problem?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I've read every post here, could someone please, please, please walk me through how to do this. I cannot make it work at all. I have an Unlocked GSM 650. I originally read the statement you cannot move the files from the SD card as saying to load them in memory, so I loaded the files I was sure I needed, and ended up upgrading the Firmware, no problem, to 1.21. Then I realised what to do, and copied the entire SD file, after deleting the non-english files, to my "Palm" folder on my SD card. Nothing happens. I try running the app "ROM UPdate", nothing. DeviceCustomizer AP, nothing. I can't do a thing with it. I've done exactly what it sounds like others are doing , but nothing at all happens. ROM updater says "No ROM image directory found." "Installing from device", but it does nothing. HELP!!!!!!!

I've asked for help before, but no one is responding. I must be doing SOMETHING wrong, but I'm totally lost as to what.

PLEASE!!!!!
    very simple

go to the file download page
    download the combined file. you will have a ZIP file
    open the zip file
    There are two directories inside, one is called SD and the other is Syncable
    go into the SD directory
    There you will find a directory called PALM
    copy that directory onto the root (top level) of an SD card
    insert SD card into treo 650
    viola, update happens.

/v
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast