Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So you can use this update on a Cingular-branded 650?!? Oh my I'm going to do it now lol.

*Cross fingers*
    hi guys i went straight from backupman from 1.15 to 1.21 no problems. went from 10 megs to 15 something.

nice!
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Does the fix for NVFS memory issues happen in the Firmware (ver 1.21 in this case), or ROM (1.06 in this case)?

Sprint ROM update, which fixed the NVFS storage issues, was to ROM 1.08.

How is Firmware update to 1.21 increasing available memory?

I am with you. But I can't say the world is pulling our legs. There are more than one person saying the free RAM memory increase!!!

I downloaded the file, flash the phone, other than it says Firmware: 01.21 and Software: Treo650-1.06/5046/0'

I did NOT notice any increase in availabe RAM memory apace!!!!!
    Unlocked GSM with cable method. Had slight problem, phone was displaying an error message, but everything went smoothly. The earlier version was fine, giving me no reset problems, but only if I don't toy around much with Versamail. I've tried c version Versamail that comes with the update today, so far held up fine.....fingers crossed for next day or two
    So does anyone know when this is supposed to come out from P1 directly in a "production" version?
    Used the Card way. Unfortunatelly, when the updater reaches 100% I get the error massage "Error updating ROM". After several restarts Iam back in my home screen with Palm OS Garnet v.5.4.5.

I unzipped the file plus all "ace" zip files in the Treo650.ROW directory. Copied everything to my external card using card reader (total about 31MB) and when inserted to my Treo I run the DC appl.

Am I doing anything wrong?
    Thanks, Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by jychan28
    I am with you. But I can't say the world is pulling our legs. There are more than one person saying the free RAM memory increase!!!

I downloaded the file, flash the phone, other than it says Firmware: 01.21 and Software: Treo650-1.06/5046/0'

I did NOT notice any increase in availabe RAM memory apace!!!!!

you sure?

my message database went down from 1133k to 865k
    others, not too sure, but it does fixed the NVFS problem
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    did the update....

before:
    fw: 01.15
    sw: treo650-1.06-ROW
    hw: A

now:
    fw: 01.21
    sw: Treo650-1.06/5050/0'
    hw: A

phone info reports 21.8M free of 22.4M (from a hard reset)

I am installing my apps now so i will have to wait to see the result of the memory issue
    i am on sprint.
    what does locked or unlocked mean?
    can i try this firmware upgrade in either case?
    ed
    Quote Originally Posted by edkoh
    i am on sprint.
    what does locked or unlocked mean?
    can i try this firmware upgrade in either case?
    ed

you need the sprint 1.08 update

yours is a CDMA phone
    this is a GSM phone upgrade ONLY

i think 1.08 fixed NVFS issue too
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    you need the sprint 1.08 update

yours is a CDMA phone
    this is a GSM phone upgrade ONLY

i think 1.08 fixed NVFS issue too
    thanks, ww. i will try the 1.08 right now.
    i recently got ptunes, which immediately solved a skipping problem i was having with realplayer. i truly love pt, but since i got it i have been having all kinds of memory full problems (i've had to hardreset and restore twice just to keep the treo from resetting continuously...) i am now afraid to hotsync, since that seems to copy unwanted stuff back to the phone (which i have ruthlessly pruned back) and refill the freed-up memory. i've moved as much as i can to my SD card (1 gb--plenty of free space!). i've renamed the backup subdirectory in my username's folder and created a new, empty backup subdirectory and hotsynced to that, but the hotsync process then copies unwanted backups from somewhere else (?archive subdirectory) into my new backup directory, and i'm back at square one.
    also, it seems to treat some of the software that i have installed myself like system software, and does not allow me to delete it, either in the OS or using FilePoint.
    Any suggestions?
    Does anyone have any really good file manager utility?
    thanks.
    ed
    i assume nv is nonvolatile.
    i assume fs is different from fos...
    ed
    i assume nv is nonvolatile.
    i assume fs is different from fos...
    ed

Non-Volatile File System
    Just to report I did the upgrade from an unlocked 1.14 with no serious problems. The first time the phone booted after the upgrade it soft reset after a few seconds, but now everything seems stable.
    Did the update via Sync Cable from 1.15 to 1.21

No problems.

I have a Standard (unlocked) 650 Quad Band GSM Model
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Did the upgrade to 1.21. No problem.

Went from 5mb of avaliable free space to 10mb.

Using a standard unlocked Treo 650 from PalmOne.
    VoodooEx

My life story:
    Palm V ~ CLIE N760c ~ Xda ~ HP 2210 ~ SE P900 ~ Xda II ~ PalmOne T3 ~ Xda IIs ~ Treo 650 ~ Treo 750v ~ LG KS20 ~ Samsung Omnia ~ Treo Pro
    I have heard June....
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    So does anyone know when this is supposed to come out from P1 directly in a "production" version?
    Here...that's better...I heard June for a PalmOne release in the US
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Are we to install all the files, including the ACE files and the boot/eboot files located in a separate ACE folder, that I had to unzip separately? There also are a bunch of Device Customizer files as well. If we could do attachments here, I'd do a screen shot, but there appear to be 37 individual files. Is that about correct?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    also, it seems to treat some of the software that i have installed myself like system software, and does not allow me to delete it, either in the OS or using FilePoint.
    Any suggestions?
    Does anyone have any really good file manager utility?
    thanks.
    ed
    Try MyWorkbench from Toysoft. It is able to read the NVFS files, which Filez does not access directly. You end up with 3 sets of files: SD card, RAM, and BULTIN (the NVFS ).
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast