Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have my Yahoo account forwarding all mail to my Fastmail account. Chatter is configured via IMAP to Qsync with my Fastmail account every 4 hours. I have selected the "Sent Items" folder in my Fastmail account to receive a copy of all items sent via Chatter and the "Trash" as the place to move all email that I delete via Chatter. However, neither the Sent Items nor the Trashed items migrate to my online account. If I send something from Chatter, it never shows up in the Sent Items folder of my Fastmail account when viewed online. Likewise, when I delete an item via Chatter, the item is not moved to the Trash in my Fastmail account... it just disappears permanently. This lack of migration to the Fastmail server has been the case since installing Chatter several months ago as I have never gotten this feature to work in any capacity.

    For a goof, I logged into the Yahoo account that is forwarding my mail just to make sure that the sent and trash weren't somehow ending up there and they're not.

    Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?
  2. #2  
    I have a pretty similar setup, except that everything works the way it should. The "sent" and "deleted" items in chatter, show up in the proper place in my fastmail account. If no one else comes up with a better suggestion, maybe try either rebuilding your folder list and then seeing what happens. Also, at the end of the day, maybe it will be faster just to completely delete chatter and then start over to see what happens.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I have a pretty similar setup, except that everything works the way it should. The "sent" and "deleted" items in chatter, show up in the proper place in my fastmail account. If no one else comes up with a better suggestion, maybe try either rebuilding your folder list and then seeing what happens. Also, at the end of the day, maybe it will be faster just to completely delete chatter and then start over to see what happens.
    Unfortunately, I've done both of those (rebuild account, completely delete and reinstall chatter) on multiple occasions. It just doesn't work. I'm not sure what's wrong, but interested in more feedback. So, you have a Yahoo account forwarded to Fastmail and Chatter pulls down the Fastmail account messages? What addresses do you have in the SMTP profile page under EditMailbox prefs?
  4. #4  
    Yes, more feed back would be good. Perhaps someone else out their has faced the issue you that you have, and come up with a way to resolve it. I must say that I'm surprised that a complete deletetion and then reinstillation of your chatter e-mail program did not remedy the situation. I'm not sure about how the logs in chatter email work, but perhaps information in them might help to figure out whats happening to that e-mail when its supposed to migrate to the "trash" or "sent" folder?

    Is the mail that is not migrating to the folders, mail that is sent from a particular profile in chatter? Maybe there is some issue there. To answer your question, I currently have one profile in chatter (its just a profile to make email look as if it was sent from my gmail account). I do have fastmail using pop to get my hotmail e-mail but I don't think this would have any influence on your issue of not having mail show up in fastmail's "sent" or "trash" folder. Another difference I have noticed between our 2 setups is that I have my mail online syncing with chatter and fastmail (where as you are using qsync).
  5. #5  
    talkin73 - If your account is QSync'ed, then the uploads and other changes at the server won't happen until the next QSync (which could be hours away, right)? Are you sure they NEVER show up?

    Marc
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    talkin73 - If your account is QSync'ed, then the uploads and other changes at the server won't happen until the next QSync (which could be hours away, right)? Are you sure they NEVER show up?

    Marc
    Correct, NEVER show up. I've been looking back for weeks and none of the messages sent via Chatter have ever been uploaded to my account. I have my SMTP profile set to appear as though messages are coming from my Yahoo account and have the Yahoo account as the reply to account... so everything gets filtered through Yahoo and always keeps the Fastmail address protected and anonymous. But, this shouldn't effect the migration of mail should it? I would think the mail would migrate to exactly the folders I have specified on my Fastmail account... where all the mail is being pulled by Chatter. I'm wondering if others are using Qsync and have their mail migrate to the server as paulsjmail eludes to in the post above? Anyone???
  7. #7  
    I do this with two Mailboxes. So what you should be doing is that for each SMTP Profile, specify the folder on the server that you want messages using this Profile uploaded to. Is that what you've done?

    You should also send me a log showing a few sends and include some comments about what you did and what you expected to happen. I can correlate them with the log and tell you what's going on.

    Instructions for logging are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

    Marc
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    I do this with two Mailboxes. So what you should be doing is that for each SMTP Profile, specify the folder on the server that you want messages using this Profile uploaded to. Is that what you've done?

    You should also send me a log showing a few sends and include some comments about what you did and what you expected to happen. I can correlate them with the log and tell you what's going on.

    Instructions for logging are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

    Marc
    I only have one mailbox in Chatter. It is set to download from my Fastmail account. In the SMTP profile, my Server, Login Name, and Password all pertain to the Fastmail account. I have the Ret'n Addr and Reply-To as my Yahoo address so that all mail appears to be coming from and is replied to the yahoo address. When I have loaded folders and view them to pick a trash and sentitems folder for my deleted and sent mail from Chatter, it displays folders from my Fastmail account... which it should because that is the account that all mail is pulled from. I sent you a log with this info both pre and post sending a few weeks ago, but I'll send another one.

Posting Permissions