1.    #1  
    Hi, there.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the next stable release of Chatter is going to be released within the next few days. There are some pretty incredible new features from the last stable release; some of you might want to check it out!

The major new features include:

* Full POP3 and AOL support, including attachments

* A new "Summary" Mailbox that can be used to combine any number of other Mailboxes into a single color-coded box. Messages can be acted upon and viewed normally, making "Summary" a really transparent integrated Mailbox. I was skeptical of this idea at first, but I'm using it all the time now.

* Full auto-complete of addressees using the Treo's built-in Contacts database; in addition, Chatter's internal auto-complete database can be set to update automatically when the Contacts database changes.

* Some screens are documented within Chatter; more of these will be added as time goes on, largely eliminating the need for a bulky manual.

There are also lots of UI elements cleaned up, bugs fixed, optimizations, and the like. And the release candidates have been VERY stable.

Coming up: A new SSL library (optional) that provides complete and stable background SSL support.

Marc
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marc-love the summary option on the beta release. Sometimes I forget how many imap accounts I have ;-)
    I've enjoyed doing the beta testing this week. I look forward to the final release!
    new version = awesome, beta VERY stable...i'm LOVING it.
    Marc,
    Any idea when you might implement storing e-mail on the SD card?
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6.    #6  
    shneor - I don't have a particular time-frame in mind at this point.

Marc