1.    #1  
    Is there a way to set a default number so I can select the persons name and then dial. That way I don't have to know which one is their perfered number?

Also on the contacts list is there a way to sort all the numbers.

What I mean is for some users its
    XXX-XXX-XXXM
    XXX-XXX-XXXH

and some are

XXX-XXX-XXXH
    XXX-XXX-XXXM

Is there a away to sort H first, M second W ectect in all numbers?

Thanx
    that would be wonderful, but I don't think it's possible without a 3rd party software. Someone may make a sorting software to edit the contacts db on PC.
    Yes it is possible, I think anyway. I think the app sorts the numbers in order that it appears in the contact info. You can change the field names. So if you want it to read Work before Home, and home is the first phone number field, try changing the names of the fields.

I havnt tried this but I think I remember past Palm contact software working like that.

Hope it helps,
    E44
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    Yes it is possible, I think anyway. I think the app sorts the numbers in order that it appears in the contact info. You can change the field names. So if you want it to read Work before Home, and home is the first phone number field, try changing the names of the fields.

I havnt tried this but I think I remember past Palm contact software working like that.

Hope it helps,
    E44
    You are correct, the problem is if I import from Outlook then the fields are diffferent. Some type of 3rd party software woudl be cool, I imagine no one knows any?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake~eyes
    You are correct, the problem is if I import from Outlook then the fields are diffferent. Some type of 3rd party software woudl be cool, I imagine no one knows any?
    yep; we need a 3rd party application (which may run on desktop computer) to sort all the numbers the way we want.

Can any staff mamber move this thread to developers area ?
    maybe someone could write this application for us.
    it's an easy application but I have no knowledge of coding

edit: ok, I've created one thread which points to this one in developers corner.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82505
    Last edited by ilkeraktuna; 04/26/2005 at 02:11 AM.