1.    #1  
    So I am out of room on my 650 for photos and I wanted to delete them from my phone but NOT delete them from my computer. I deleted a few and sure enough it synced the photos so I lost them on my computer.

How do I remove photos from the phone without erasing them from my desktop?

I want to avoid having to manually copy and past all the pics too...

Thanks!

CB
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCB37
    So I am out of room on my 650 for photos and I wanted to delete them from my phone but NOT delete them from my computer. I deleted a few and sure enough it synced the photos so I lost them on my computer.

How do I remove photos from the phone without erasing them from my desktop?

I want to avoid having to manually copy and past all the pics too...

Thanks!

CB
    The pictures are stored in two places. One of them is in the program files\palmone/username type folder. This one will mirror whats in the phone (included whats on the SD).

The permanent copies are kept in MY Documents/My Pictures/Palm One Pictures/ (or something similar). Videos are in My documents/my videos/palm one videos/. These wont get deleted when you delete off phone.
    Another way is to save your pics directly to your SD card. This way you don't have to delete them to gain memory. The way to do this is to get into Pics and Video program and switch to view SD card. Then without changing back to RAM, go to your camera program. This will enable you to save directly to SD card. However this won't work for Video.
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    The pictures are stored in two places. One of them is in the program files\palmone/username type folder. This one will mirror whats in the phone (included whats on the SD).

The permanent copies are kept in MY Documents/My Pictures/Palm One Pictures/ (or something similar). Videos are in My documents/my videos/palm one videos/. These wont get deleted when you delete off phone.
    Whew! I did not know this.... good thing you said something
    great info thanks, didnt know that myself
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    Another way is to save your pics directly to your SD card. This way you don't have to delete them to gain memory. The way to do this is to get into Pics and Video program and switch to view SD card. Then without changing back to RAM, go to your camera program. This will enable you to save directly to SD card. However this won't work for Video.
    This DOES work for video too. I always save both my pics and vids direct to my card. I have 2 folders in my card/DCIM folder. One called Pics Where all my pics are automatically saved to, and one called Vids Where all my vids are automatically saved to.

Without using the media app, just go into the camera app and hit the dropdown tab in the very bottom right this is where you will be saving your pics to. Above the dotted line is RAM below the line is your card. Switch to Video mode and do the same thing and you are good to go.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC