1. iso
    HI!

New treo owner, but long time Palm-user, I am almost in love with my new gadget. Coming from a Tungsten T5, I have one primary concern right now:

Static noise when using phone, especially when using standard earpiece. The buzzing is loud enough to make the person on the other end very difficult to hear. They are evidently hearing me fine. So its the phone..?
    Is this normal, or should I get a replacement? The speakerphone is almost useless as the volume is not sufficiently loud. The sales representative said some static noise is normal in smartphones, and that the pocket pc smartphones all have this issue.

Please advice! I do not want to keep a faulty one if this is not normal.

Regards
    Christian, Norway
    The usual Treo's standard earpieces are crap, try a quality one.
    Is this a Sprint or Cingular phone ? Reading the threads I seem to remember that several users saw improvement after doing the 1.08 upgrade.

As for the earpiece, I tossed it in the trash when I opened the box. I use the Treo Wireless Headset and I get 30 feet away w/o hearing static.
    Ditto on the earpiece. But I've never had static problems, other than the occasional Bluetooth interference.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. iso
    Hi!

My 650 is an unlocked GSM-version.

Surprisingly I do not miss the bigger screen of the T5, and the T5 almost looks dull when it comes to brightness and crispness.

Just hope the phone turns out to be OK.

Christian
    I just went through a couple of years of fixing buzz noise on a 600 before getting the 650. My new phone doesn't buzz. If yours does, try to get it replaced as soon as possible. It'll make you crazy.