Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In that case, I'd just call forward like people do w/ land lines for remote "offices".
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    In that case, I'd just call forward like people do w/ land lines for remote "offices".
    Would it also be ok if I just forward the additional $.10/min to you.

I manage just fine without both lines, but that part was a very nice feature of Nextel. The rest was miserable, but that was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    When exactly do you mean by supporting dual SIM cards? Two SIMS in the Treo at the same time?
    Exacly. You can but a third-party adapter, modify the SIM cards to fit (that's looks rsiky, but many folks have done it), then use the adpater that holds both cards in the SIM slot. You know how two SIM cards, one phone. Mind you, you can only use one at a time, though. This only gives you an easy way to avoid having to switch SIM cards every time you want to switch phone lines.

It's a great way to have a business line active during teh day and a home line for evenings/weekends.

As far as I know this works, but I do not actually know anyone who has tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Would it also be ok if I just forward the additional $.10/min to you.
    1) I said that's what **I** would do. Since cancelling my old account and opening a new one with 4 phones 3 months ago, I already have 1,800 unused rollover minutes. So even if I was charged the extra minutes, I got plenty to spare.

2) The reason people set up virtual offices in other area codes is to defray the cost of their customers calling thinking that they might not call if they gotta pay extra phone charges. So the logic of the call receiver incurring that expense is what has been historically associated with setting up the equivalent service on a land line anyway.

Plus, you don'y pay 10 cents a minute, you pay the 10 cents period. The way the forwarding feature works, at least according to Cingular's CSR's is that the caller gets your 1st phone , it charges you 1 minute on your first line to forward him to the 2nd phone. The actual minutes you talk get charged to the 2nd phone. So if you had a 10 minute phone conversation, with the forward, it costs ya 11 minutes instead of 10. I don';t imagine the other carriers do this different.

However I just noticed that Sprint doesn't charge you by the minute anymore, they charge you in chunks of 100 or 200. So, on a new account anyway, if that 1 minute takes you over the limit, it will cost ya $5.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 04/25/2005 at 01:58 PM.
    My sprint account charges $.10 per minute for forwarded calls if by chance I forward them to another sprint phone that phone uses minutes for the duration of the call as well.
    I can potentially see it working with 2 CDMA carriers. Suppose you buy a Sprint phone. "Verizonize" the phone, activate it on Verizon. Now, reprogram the phone for Sprint and activate on Sprint. Verizon will think it's roaming on Sprint network.

It might work. Or, it might not.
    I can ditto that Orange in the UK have two lines per SIM. My brother has it on his 'phone (not a Treo). Apparently 'work' or 'home' (or some such distinction) appear on the screen depending on the number rung. If he is down the pub and 'work' appears on the screen he just rejects the call - neat! I did not realise this was such a unique feature until I read this post. Orange advertise it as 'one line for business and one for pleasure'. Sorry this doesn't help you though Willie.
    Holding down the "B" key allows you to change lines on the 600. TMO bought Powertel whom supported this feature. Maybe Pactel does. I suppose I could call them and have my wife's phone sent to my IMEI number. Maybe that would do it, but I doubt it. Maybe Virgin wouldd do this since they are European.

D
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    My sprint account charges $.10 per minute for forwarded calls if by chance I forward them to another sprint phone that phone uses minutes for the duration of the call as well.
    I don't understand how they can justify that. I call you on line 1 and you have it forwarded so Sprint shuts off the call to Line 1 after a few seconds and sends it to Line 2....Line 1 isn't being used so how do they justify the charge. If line 1 is actually "in use" during the call, I would think that would count under free M2M

Seems that all the carriers are trying different ways to screw their customers for what they don't notice. Sprint now advertises that they are down to 10 cents a minute for going past ya limit....what they ain't tellin ya is that you gotta buy in blocks on 100 or 200. So comparing Sprint and Cingular (depending on your plans)

Go 1 minute over, Sprint hits ya for 100 minutes x 10 cents or $10
    Go 11 minute over, Cingular hits ya for 1 minute x 30 cents or $0.30

Go 50 minutes over, Sprint hits ya for 100 minutes x 10 cents or $10
    Go 50 minutes over, Cingular hits ya for 50 minutes x 30 cents or $15

Go 100 minutes over, Sprint hits ya for 100 minutes x 10 cents or $10
    Go 100 minutes over, Cingular hits ya for 100 minutes x 30 cents or $30

And next week it will all be different.

Wish i could sell my rollover minutes <grin>.
    I just ported my personal cell number from T-Mobile to the company's shared minute plan with Sprint. When I leave the company I will take my phone number with me. This way I maintain the same number before and after.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12