1.    #1  
    I'm going to set up a new thread so that people can rate their experience w/ the Scala 500 and other bluetooth headsets.
    Last edited by denik; 04/22/2005 at 01:01 PM.
    Scala 500

Have to re-pair every time, stronger signal, with 1.08 update, in general but with consistent hissing and crackling.
    Volume it great since the 1.08 update. Sometimes too high. There is a little hissing and crackling. But, from what I have been told that in only in my ear and not what the people I am talking to hear. I think I get a little further away from my phone with it now. I have not had any pairing problems at all. I alternate between the Scala and the Jabra BT250 and have not had to re-pair for either of these.
    Mine works just great. People seem to think it sounds pretty good on the other end (better than the treo mic.) Plenty loud enough (and then some,) automatically picks up on an outgoing call quickly, starts ringing within 2 seconds.
    I've had no issues, and I don't have to re-pair it.
    Did you do the hands-free setup wizard? I know that even if you add it to your trusted devices you still have to do the hands-free setup in order to get it paired otherwise you have to keep re-pairing it.
    When in doubt, try the hands free setup again. I'm not saying there isn't another problem, but it's a good thing to try (or re-try.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Mine works great! It does however, answer alittle too quickly sometimes, and then I end up having to talk to someone that I really didn't want to! LOL
    just want to ask under what situation we need to re-pair the device?

1. Treo650 off, BT headset off
    2. Treo650 on, BT headset off
    [my perception is no need to repair after switching BT headset on again]
    3. Treo650 off, BT headset on
    4. Treo650 on, BT headset pair to another device, say Skype application(with a BT dongle)

Thx.
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    just works well. no issues for me
    I never have to re-pair.
    How far away from the phone can you folks get? I have the 500 and it absolutely sux. I even called Scala and sent it in for replacement/repair, as far as I can tell they just sent the original back. It seems to work well if I hold the treo near my face, but if I hold it as far away as my hip the 500 starts cracking an popping and breaking up so badly I can't carry on a conversation. I bought the 500 after reading tons of good comments here, but so far not getting any luv from it. Any ideas or is this normal?

(btw- I updated to 1.08 firmware before I purchased the scala)
    where can I update to fw 1.08?
    the Scala 500 is great - I've tried many headsets, and the Scala has the fastest connection times, and the highest volume
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    My speaker broke off. I need to get it repaired. I have an email into support at Cardo but I may just buy a new one. Sometimes before the speaker broke off I had some volume problems with it even with 1.08 installed. Most of the time volume was great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourdewolf
    How far away from the phone can you folks get? I have the 500 and it absolutely sux. I even called Scala and sent it in for replacement/repair, as far as I can tell they just sent the original back. It seems to work well if I hold the treo near my face, but if I hold it as far away as my hip the 500 starts cracking an popping and breaking up so badly I can't carry on a conversation. I bought the 500 after reading tons of good comments here, but so far not getting any luv from it. Any ideas or is this normal?

(btw- I updated to 1.08 firmware before I purchased the scala)
    I have the same issue - first one sucked. 1.08 made no diff. They sent a replacmenent - sucked worse. They said they now have a 650 in house to test - they were not testing with a 650 before. CSR promised me he would test unit with a 650 BEFORE sending second replacement.

We will see.