1.    #1  
    I just received the Seidio 8in USB Charger/Sync cable and what a piece of crap. The very first time I plugged my Treo 650 in the contact that charges the phone from the USB pushed back into the connector disabling the charging function. SO, I called treocentral and got a new one. The same friggin thing happend to it.

Is treocentral testing any of this stuff prior to selling? Not.
    DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by dajmold
    I just received the Seidio 8in USB Charger/Sync cable and what a piece of crap. The very first time I plugged my Treo 650 in the contact that charges the phone from the USB pushed back into the connector disabling the charging function. SO, I called treocentral and got a new one. The same friggin thing happend to it.

Is treocentral testing any of this stuff prior to selling? Not.
    DJ
    PLease contact RMA@seidio.com. A replacement will be sent to you on Monday. Or just send me your order # to dsc@seidio.com

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    PLease contact RMA@seidio.com. A replacement will be sent to you on Monday. Or just send me your order # to dsc@seidio.com

Seidio
    I always appreciate your prompt responses to such issues.
    You probably got one of the original sync and Charge Cables.. Seidio has come out with a newer version with a better end connector. It is 100x better then the old one.
    How do you tell the difference between the old and new Seido cable. I bought a retractable cable for traveling and a longer one for my desktop. Both are charging/syncing cables.
    Last edited by swieder; 04/24/2005 at 06:26 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Most non-Palm branded cables use a very poor end on the Treo 650 side of things. I've tried a few different brands (not just Seidio), and they all used this poor quality end.

The new version of the Seidio cable is the only one that I've seen that uses this newer, better end connector. It has either a sync button integrated into it, or something that looks like a sync button (non functioning sync button).

I posted a picture of the new one in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82234
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Most non-Palm branded cables use a very poor end on the Treo 650 side of things. I've tried a few different brands (not just Seidio), and they all used this poor quality end.

The new version of the Seidio cable is the only one that I've seen that uses this newer, better end connector. It has either a sync button integrated into it, or something that looks like a sync button (non functioning sync button).

I posted a picture of the new one in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82234
    Currently, Seidio only ships the sync and charge cable (retractable or non-retractable) that has the new connector.

Seidio
    I've only had the "pleasure" of purchasing Seidio headphones, but my experience with those items would lead me to believe that Seidio doesn't put quality first. My first set of headphones were malfunctioning within 3 months, the second set within 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I've only had the "pleasure" of purchasing Seidio headphones, but my experience with those items would lead me to believe that Seidio doesn't put quality first. My first set of headphones were malfunctioning within 3 months, the second set within 4.
    Please contact rma@seidio.com. The current version has addressed this issue.

Seidio
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I just sent an email to them, I am having the same problems with 2 charge cables and thier 2100 cradle. I've ready to throw everthing away!!! I really wanted to use the serial gps and have the blue tooth available for the parrot!! Is there another cradle with a serial gps input that charges the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by apcmiami
    I just sent an email to them, I am having the same problems with 2 charge cables and thier 2100 cradle. I've ready to throw everthing away!!! I really wanted to use the serial gps and have the blue tooth available for the parrot!! Is there another cradle with a serial gps input that charges the phone?
    Can you send me an email dsc@seidio.com to let me know the problems you have? Our new retractable charge and sync cable with new connector is very
    reliable ? What is your order number? Did you get them directly from us ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    just got the new sync/charge cable from Seidio, and it's really nice. Much better than the Pacific Rim one - firmer connection on the bottom of the 650, and the whole thing just 'seems' firmer - the retractor works better, and the thing isn't as floppy as the PacRim. Having the HotSync button is just icing on the cake...
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I just received my 8" Seidio cable and I'm confused about this non-functioning sync button. I thought I got a defective one. I was under the impression that the cable let's you sync with an actual sync button, not just look like it has a sync button. What's the point of a non-functioning sync button?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    I just received my 8" Seidio cable and I'm confused about this non-functioning sync button. I thought I got a defective one. I was under the impression that the cable let's you sync with an actual sync button, not just look like it has a sync button. What's the point of a non-functioning sync button?
    Seidio offers two types of 8" sync and charge cable

- with sync switch
    - without sync switch

If you ordered the one with sync switch and you got the one without sync switch, please contact rma@seidio.com.

Seidio
    A bit confused about these two kinds of cables, any detail descriptions I can check, or I just have another option except for Seidio cable ?