1.    #1  
    OK so I have two boxes in Chatter, one for work and one for GMail. The GMail address and the work address are both set up to forward to different IMAP accounts on another server, GMail by the forwarding function, and outlook by a rule. Now when mail comes into the GMail mailbox, I get the name of the person that sent the email in the From field, when mail comes from the Outlook mailbox (from my work address) the From field always says my name and I have to open it and scroll down to see who really sent it.

So does anyone know of a setting or something I can change in Outlook that would allow me to see the real sender? Exchange is behind a firewall and I don't know any way to get around that except by forwarding but if anyone's got any suggestions I'd much appreciate them.

Thanks,
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    So does anyone know of a setting or something I can change in Outlook that would allow me to see the real sender? Exchange is behind a firewall and I don't know any way to get around that except by forwarding but if anyone's got any suggestions I'd much appreciate them.
    Change the Outlook rule from a Forward to a Redirect. That will retain the original sender, but you will lose all of the CC and BCC information (it's a known problem with Exchange and MAPI).

There is some additional information here.
    Last edited by jberman; 04/22/2005 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added link
  3.    #3  
    Thanks man. I saw that option and actually set it up at the same time as the "forward" rule, but it didn't seem to work (I assumed I would get two of them if both rules were working). Would this/can this be turned off on the server for security reasons?
    I'm not sure... it can probably be disabled, but I don't really know that much about Exchange server. You might be able to find out more from your own IT department. You may want to disable the forwarding rule and try redirect only, though.
  5.    #5  
    Done, testing it now.

--EDIT-- Awesome, it works! I must have been sending so many tests from the same addy that they ran together or something. Thanks for the help bro, I would have never tried it again if you hadn't suggested it.
    Later,
    JW
    Last edited by Fry-man22; 04/22/2005 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    Thanks for the help bro, I would have never tried it again if you hadn't suggested it.
    No problem, glad it worked for you. You should remember, though, that any email redirected to you will be stripped of any multiple addressee, CC, and BCC information and appear to have been sent only to you; that is, a message that looks like this before the redirect:will come through looking like this:
    To: fryman22@aquateens.com

Blah blah blah .....
    This is because of that stupid MAPI problem I mentioned earlier. As long as you are aware of this limitation, you should be OK.

Jesse