1.    #1  
    (Sung to the tune of "On Top Of Spaghetti")

I wish that Verizon
    Would get on the ball
    And release the 650
    For one and for all

I hope it has high-speed
    (Called E-V-D-O)
    And that they don't cripple
    Bluetooth radio

I want my Web access
    Wherever I go
    Because it can tell me
    What I need to know

I could bid on an auction
    Or read some reviews
    See the weather radar
    Or the latest news

Then check on my e-mail
    And IM my friends
    View Gizmodo, Engadget
    For the latest tech trends

When I go geocaching
    I can log my finds
    And then play some Word Pop!
    To pass idle times

I could read some e-books
    Or audio too
    And if ever we meet, yeah...
    Take a picture of you

I could find a plane flight
    Train schedule too
    And check the date book
    To see what is due

I could visit this forum
    Whenever I wish
    And check on the postings
    Get the latest dish

But that won't happen
    And it won't come to pass
    Unless the guys at Verizon
    Get up off their @$$

So give us a time frame
    For our Treo's release
    Or else we will curse you
    With some dreadful disease

Your ears will grow larger
    And then they'll fall off
    You will all lose your eyebrows
    The next time you cough

You all will grow boils
    Under your pits
    And great big rashes
    On the place where you sits

And so we keep waiting
    (Seems a wait without end)
    So I beg you Verizon
    Our Treos please send!
    It's nice to see you have so much time
    to come up with those words that all sort of rhyme

But rather than whine, cry and moan
    Just get a different carrier for your mobile phone

There's Cingular, AT&T, TMobile and Sprint
    Plus several others that I'm too lazy to print
    I thought that was cute! I felt the same FRANTIC way while waiting for Cingular in January...felt like forever. "Rumored" release dates don't help, either...just makes you more crazy! Thanks for the smile!
    :-D
    I love the song! being a spring user.....i don't really relate to it but it made me laugh
    Dude you will be so upset when you try browsing the web on your Treo. Just wait.

VIVA LA POCKET PC!!!
    Last edited by juice; 04/22/2005 at 09:08 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    It's nice to see you have so much time
    to come up with those words that all sort of rhyme

But rather than whine, cry and moan
    Just get a different carrier for your mobile phone

There's Cingular, AT&T, TMobile and Sprint
    Plus several others that I'm too lazy to print
    I WOULD...if:

a) CIngular service was available in my area. There is a HUGE service hole over my area. Cingular uses T-Mobile towers in my region, and there is no T-Mobile service here.

b) Sprint's coverage is terrible...there is a huge service hole over the town I work in. If you are not on a main highway, you have to pay for roaming. OK, you say, get the $5 roaming plan...but that uses DOUBLE minutes and no data is available. Useless.

c) AT&T is now Cingular, one for all and all for one!

That leaves Verizon as my option. Believe you me...I tried for more than a month to get Cingular just so I could get the Treo 650. Can't be done.

Mark
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Dude you will be so upset when you try browsing the web on your Treo. Just wait.

VIVA LA POCKET PC!!!
    I also have been very interested in the Samsung i730. I have tried the XV6600 and I absolutely hate it. I have gone back and forth between Palm and PPC/HPC for the last eight years and the more I use PPC the more I like Palm. The Samsung i730 might be an option, too...but once again, who knows when/if it will become available.

In the meantime, my Moto V60i is gettin' me by.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjitfreek
    I also have been very interested in the Samsung i730. I have tried the XV6600 and I absolutely hate it. I have gone back and forth between Palm and PPC/HPC for the last eight years and the more I use PPC the more I like Palm. The Samsung i730 might be an option, too...but once again, who knows when/if it will become available.

In the meantime, my Moto V60i is gettin' me by.
    Have you "surfed" the internet with Blazer or Even Xiino lately...? Wow it's so terrible. And I have EDGE. Pocket IE is solid. IMHO. I'm thinking about putting my treo on Ebay then getting a I-MATE JAM. Even if it's regular GPRS the web browsing from what I've read is better. I'll just miss that dang integrated keyboard. It is pretty sweet.

I also have been looking at the I730 but I heard it has no camera or wifi or something like that. Is it EVDO compatible?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Have you "surfed" the internet with Blazer or Even Xiino lately...? Wow it's so terrible. And I have EDGE. Pocket IE is solid. IMHO. I'm thinking about putting my treo on Ebay then getting a I-MATE JAM. Even if it's regular GPRS the web browsing from what I've read is better. I'll just miss that dang integrated keyboard. It is pretty sweet.

I also have been looking at the I730 but I heard it has no camera or wifi or something like that. Is it EVDO compatible?
    Well, it is supposed to have both a camera and wifi, but who knows what Verizon will do to it before it hits the shelves!!!!!

Is PIE really that much better? Even though PPC screen res (320X240) is not as good as Palm (320 X 320)???

Mark
    I keep my HP 4155 at my bedside and surf the web before I go to sleep to catch up on stuff and I love it. I can barely surf with Blazer for 15 minutes before I lock up, get terrible page formatting, no flash suppot, barely java support and just general slowness. The Palm screen may be 320x320 but you can make a 5000x3000 res screen but if it's as small as the Treo's you'll still be squinting. The bigger pocket pc's screens are nice IMHO.
    Nevermind.
    That's just soooo fun! You have quite some imagination.

Kudos fot the song
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Here is my poem:

got my 650, reset, reset, reset, reset!!!!!!!
  14. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjitfreek
    (Sung to the tune of "On Top Of Spaghetti")
    I think you mean "On top of old Smoky". I think Spaghetti was a spoof. Great song, though, maybe it will be a new scout standard.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    I think you mean "On top of old Smoky". I think Spaghetti was a spoof. Great song, though, maybe it will be a new scout standard.
    On Top Of Old Smoky???? Dang, I have never heard that one before! The spaghetti thing being a spoof makes total sense. I never thought of that before. Now I have to go find the original song! Thank you for that bit of insight!