1.    #1  
    I noticed today that Orange have released the Treo 650 in Switzerland, and for those interested, here is a link to the user guide: http://img.orange.ch/static/Content/...0_guide_en.pdf

This gives me hope that we will get it over here in the UK sometime soon!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    It's down as 'Coming soon' on their website but, needless to say, they can't tell you how soon.

Might be worth waiting for, though, as I have seen a mention of prices starting at 266 (as opposed to around 500 at Expansys, lowest I've seen retail is about 400).
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Very soon on Orange in UK... Watch this space...

Cheers, W.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Very soon on Orange in UK... Watch this space...
    Spoke to an Orange muppet again this afternoon. All she could say was that it was 'in testing'. This appears to mean testing the Orange software that will be overlaid, as well as the 650 hardware.

How soon do you reckon, Wanderman - do you have specific knowledge? My retail phone might be available soon at 400 but if Orange are imminent (by which I mean a week or two) I'd be prepared to cancel the retail and hold on.

Is there any feedback on the Orange software in Europe? Does it actually do anything useful, or does it just create more conflicts?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    How soon do you reckon, Wanderman - do you have specific knowledge?
    And, if you do have specific knowledge, do you know whether it will be as fully-functioning as an unlocked phone, or will Orange disable any functions for their own purposes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles

How soon do you reckon, Wanderman - do you have specific knowledge? My retail phone might be available soon at 400 but if Orange are imminent (by which I mean a week or two) I'd be prepared to cancel the retail and hold on.
    Imminent

Cheers, W.