Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else experienced their message indicator not turning off even though there are no messages? I have used my sim in another phone and the indicator does not appear. I have tried both a soft reset and a phone reset using Treooffon with no luck.

Any thoughts?
  2.    #2  
    Figured it out. It was as simple as needing to send myself a message and then erasing it. Voila, the indicator vanished like magic. Simple is often the best solution.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Sorry but I can't find it in the manual... I HAVE no messages. What is it?!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    you have a message somewhere... SMS, e-mail. Check your apps. One person reported that versa mail was sending welcome e-mails
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky
    Sorry but I can't find it in the manual... I HAVE no messages. What is it?!
    Did you click on it? Also, you can press and hold the center button to bring up the waiting alerts window.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Every so often I get a blinking ble box with a white asterisk in the upper left hand corner of my T650 screen and can't get rid of it without a reset. I've looked thru the manual and can't seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know what it is?
    It's the flasher telling you an appointment has passed... Just tap on it.
    It's a event/new email/missed call reminder. Just click on it with the stylus or your finger.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    yea its your alerts, hold down the center button on the navi to view them
    Quote Originally Posted by King
    Every so often I get a blinking ble box with a white asterisk in the upper left hand corner of my T650 screen and can't get rid of it without a reset. I've looked thru the manual and can't seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know what it is?
    Yeah, I about freaked for a moment when I saw it. naturally, I clicked it and of course it was because I had auto synch on for one email acct in Versamail.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    ...hold down the center button on the navi to view them
    Is that a feature on the 650? not having success with this on 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Is that a feature on the 650? not having success with this on 600.
    that is new to the 650.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks All -- I guess I've been missing out on alerts. Maybe I'll pay closer attention next time.
    Originally Posted by Nerd
    ...hold down the center button on the navi to view them
    Originally Posted by shopharim
    ...Is that a feature on the 650? not having success with this on 600.
    Dear Long-robed ram's horn blower;

I use the little app below, alerts.prc, attached to a Favourites Quickey on my T600 for one button stylus free access to my missed alerts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Um ... excuse me but I have a 600 and this is NOT new to the 650 - I have always had the blinking alert. I use the "alerts.prc" mentioned above. I also use A fabulous little progrem called "Butler" (Palmgear has it) which enables you to configure your alerts so that you can have your blinking green LED light turn solid red (or orange or green) if you have a message (SMS, email or voice) which you have not acknowledged. Butler does a lot more too - check it out... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Um ... excuse me but I have a 600 and this is NOT new to the 650 - I have always had the blinking alert. I use the "alerts.prc" mentioned above. I also use A fabulous little progrem called "Butler" (Palmgear has it) which enables you to configure your alerts so that you can have your blinking green LED light turn solid red (or orange or green) if you have a message (SMS, email or voice) which you have not acknowledged. Butler does a lot more too - check it out... :-)
    I never used the auto synch with mail on the 600, never really seemed to work too well so I never saw the blinking snowflake. However, for the 650, I did not install anything extra for this feature. It must be part of Versamail.

Eric
  17. gcs
    Um ... excuse me but I have a 600 and this is NOT new to the 650 - I have always had the blinking alert.
    Hi,

I think he was saying that holding down the center button to bring up the list of missed appointments/emails/etc is new...

George

Like gcs said, my comment was regarding holding down the button to view them.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcs
    Hi,

I think he was saying that holding down the center button to bring up the list of missed appointments/emails/etc is new...

George
    Oh ... my mistake. I thought he was referring to the blinking asterisk itself. No, we don't have that center-button-functionality on the 600. But as I said I use the "Alerts.prc" program and I have assigned it to one of my favorites so it is easy to quicky check out where the alert has come from. A neat little program.

Can anybody tell me the significance of the flashing blue star in the upper left hand corner of the device?
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast