Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 191
  1. #121  
    I see,

    Houston I have a problem.... I have ezrocker installed and holding the centre button down now simply cycles ezrocker off and on. Ezrocker is a nice little tool but it really get in the way sometimes.

    It also prevents me from jumping from the tabs in launcherx into the tab contents/programs to launch an app - even disabling it doesn't restore this feature.

    I guess I need to uninstall ezrocker and find better way to get around without a stylus....

    Cheers

    Mark
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolspode
    <snip>
    I guess I need to uninstall ezrocker and find better way to get around without a stylus....

    Cheers

    Mark
    Instead of uninstalling ezrocker you could always load Alerts.prc and attach it as a Quick-Key Favourite...

    `
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3. #123  
    Rtfm
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolspode
    Hi

    I have tried but I can not figure what the little starburst/snowflake symbol is that won't stop winking in the upper left hand corner of my screen - would someone please tell me what my treo is trying to tell me.... :-)

    Cheers

    Mark
    OMG!!! What ever you do, don't tap it!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    OMG!!! What ever you do, don't tap it!!!

    In case you don't know Insertion's sence of humor by now, he just gave you the answer.
  6. #126  
    However, based on some comments by the OP, Coolspode, in this thread about ezrocker and in some other threads, he likes to go stylus-less... so tapping the asterisk may not be an option for Mark?

    http://www.lib.umich.edu/pap/exhibit...ood_stylus.jpg
  7. #127  
    But sometimes, you just have to pull it out and start playing with it...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #128  
    ...and if it's a wooden one, be careful of splinters!
  9. #129  
    this is too funny..........DON'T TAP the snowflake.RTFL
  10. #130  
    Gasmeister: You're a funny one - right up there with beating yourself in the face with a shovel

    To the others: of course I tapped it :-) I have been a palm guy since the original 5000 but it didn't seem to do anything - I think the new Krussell case is too tight in the screen corners...

    Is the message list available through a menu - I looked but couldn't find another way to call up the list

    Cheers and thanks for your help

    Mark
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
  11. #131  
    This snowflake thing is going to follow me around like a big wet dog...
    LMAO
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolspode
    Gasmeister: You're a funny one - right up there with beating yourself in the face with a shovel

    To the others: of course I tapped it :-) I have been a palm guy since the original 5000 but it didn't seem to do anything - I think the new Krussell case is too tight in the screen corners...

    Is the message list available through a menu - I looked but couldn't find another way to call up the list

    Cheers and thanks for your help

    Mark
    well yes I have found Krusell cases with the plastic cover to be a hinderance using the stylus. You probably didn't tap it hard enough
  13. #133  
    As mentioned before I have been doing the palm thing for awhile and I have single handedly kept e&b cases in business over the years, but I always, no matter how careful end up with a badly worn screen from the amount of stylus input I do. I am trying hard to find a better way to preserve my spanky new screen.

    I see e&b has a new case out for the 650 and I hear their cashflow is down.... <grin>

    My T3 was pretty beat up after 1 year and it bothered me. The other point I should admit to is these things are disposable devices but at these prices that concept bothers me...

    Cheers

    Mark
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolspode

    <snip>
    Is the message list available through a menu - I looked but couldn't find another way to call up the list

    Cheers and thanks for your help

    Mark
    Mark:

    Do you mean having an icon to select from your menu screens?

    Look back at this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...06&postcount=4.

    The small program mentioned, Alerts.prc, puts an icon in your menu area that you can select that triggers the Alerts Screen aka the asterisk aka the screen flag...

    You can also then attach that program to a key on your keyboard to use as a Quick-Key (via the Favourites process) allowing you to easily, and one handed, display the alerts...
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Mark:

    Do you mean having an icon to select from your menu screens?

    Look back at this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...06&postcount=4.

    The small program mentioned, Alerts.prc, puts an icon in your menu area that you can select that triggers the Alerts Screen aka the asterisk aka the screen flag...

    You can also then attach that program to a key on your keyboard to use as a Quick-Key (via the Favourites process) allowing you to easily, and one handed, display the alerts...
    I am looking at installing alerts, but first wanted to see if there was a built in way to get to the alerts list if the centre button is remapped - hopefully in a drop down menu off the hardware button and this method is being pursued only for simplicity.

    Trying to keep the software layers down until I better understand this unit. It is considerably more complex than a palm and a phone in one device - pleasantly so, I might add....

    Cheers and thanks

    Mark
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
  16. #136  
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    This is something that other users would sure like to stick to the munk.
  17. #137  
    :-)

    One of the few times I jump in without searching - and for a term as improbable as 'snowflake' and this is what I get - and rightly so.... good grief.

    Thanks for merging them all - it makes for good read

    I am surprised no one mentioned trying to melt the snowflake - with a torch or such like....

    Cheers
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolspode
    :-)

    One of the few times I jump in without searching - and for a term as improbable as 'snowflake' and this is what I get - and rightly so.... good grief.

    Thanks for merging them all - it makes for good read

    I am surprised no one mentioned trying to melt the snowflake - with a torch or such like....

    Cheers
    Nice to see good humor. Kudos!
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <merged>

    This is something that other users would sure like to stick to the munk.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...iley/bruce.gif
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  20. #140  
    Can anyone tell me why I have a flashing asterisk in the upper lh corner, near the time on my treo? I have no clue what that is.......................
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions