Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    blue square with the white "*" in my phone view? I'm on Sprint. It lives in the upper left of the phone view, blinks on and off right over the word "Sprint"?

Thanks in advance for any answers
  2. gdb
    Try clicking on it!
    It's an indicator that you have an Alert. Click on it and it will take you to the message.

Welcome to the Forum!

P.S. (You can also find answers to your questions by doing a Search located at the top of the Forum).
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Well, I've been alerted. Thanks. Couldn't find it in the manual
    You can also press and hold the center button on the five way.

t
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg
    You can also press and hold the center button on the five way.

t
    Now that I didn't know about. Thanks!
    I have detailed files.
    does anyone know what it means? I could not find it in the manual.

Thanks!
    You have an alert of some kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    does anyone know what it means? I could not find it in the manual.

Thanks!
    do you have "Butler" installed?
    try pressing the center button for awhile
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Sorry I don't know what Butler is. I just bought my Treo 4 days ago and so far so good but every once in a while i see this snowflake like symbol blink and i have no idea what it means. I have not installed anything but what came with the treo.

Thanks!
    Don't tap on it with yout stylus...It's the auto erase feature!!!
    seriously though...this is the alert indicator, press and hold the center button or tap it with your stylus. you have an sms or an unacknowledged alarm or some kind af alert.
    I've always been curious about whether there's a way to disable the Alert Manager. I personally have no use for the Snowflake and would rather not have it appear. Anyone know of a way to disable it?
    Thanks for everyones response. So the snowflake is not for a specific alert function? It's just a general alert or some sort?
    any kind of alert the Treo traps (new email if you're polling with Versamail; SMS; regular Calendar alarm; etc.) will show up there. Lots of threads on this topic, but i'm not sure i've ever seen a way to turn it off...
    just tap on the snowflake man!!!
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Using a treo is not rocket science ya know! My goodness, some people really require every little bit of information to be spoon fed to them...
    Could it be your 650 is notifying you it has changed the time in accordance with daylight savings time?
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    WoW.....all this time i saw the snowflake I thought snow was in the forcast......
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast