1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if it's possible to get insureance on a phone that you dint' purchase with a new plan? I bought a sprint treo 600 off of ebay and I wondered if anybody knew if sprint would insure it if i activated it on their network.
    I believe they will. They insured a Sprint phone I got brand new on eBay, and I have an account.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    But it may well be considerably cheaper to add it to your existing household insurance. If you have 'all risks' cover, such items may well already be covered away from the home.
    State Farm has Personal Article Policy (PAP) that woul cost about $30 a year, however that wouldn't cover mechanical failure.

You can get just the extended warranty for $2 a month as long as you start it within 30 days of activation. You will probably have to ask for it when you activate the phone, or call Lock/line direct within 30 days.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Be careful with adding small items to your homeowner's insurance. Many insurance companies will now cancel after you've filed a certain number of claims (as little as 3 in a two year period) no matter how small those claims are. It would be a shame to have to NOT file for a several thousand dollar claim because you used up you allotment on small amounts like the Treo.

Before adding something like the Treo to your policy, be sure you ask your agent about the company's cancellation policies, and how small claims like a lost or stolen Treo will be counted.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    The PAP is a seperate policy, not a rider on your homeowners.

Good point, though.

Personally I think the ERP from Sprint is best. It covers loss, damage, and warranty for $60 a year and you inly have one commpany to deal with. Doing it the way I mentioned previously would cast approx. $54. a year. I'll spend $6 extra to save a big hassle.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw72721
    Does anybody know if it's possible to get insureance on a phone that you dint' purchase with a new plan? I bought a sprint treo 600 off of ebay and I wondered if anybody knew if sprint would insure it if i activated it on their network.
    yes they will. Or at least they did for me. They'll call the phone first to ensure it's working before they issue the plan. Then there is a waiting period of 30 days, I think.

good luck
    There is no waiting period if you sign up at the same time you activate the phone.
  9. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Don't add all your toys to your insurance policy, just let the general coverage take care of it if you can. A friend of mine had a burglary, they went after all the jewellery and stuff that were listed for specific coverage. He said a cop told him that thieves often go after homes where they know there's stuff to be had. I don't know for sure if it's true, but it makes sense - how do you know who sees your insurance policy?