Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by badMojo69
    If you all had not entered so much maybe I would have won.

    :-)
    Well, you didn't lose because of me.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoys
    >>The code is the same for 15% and 50% the only difference is what link you type it in at.

    Go try to place an order, check your shopping cart, and you'll notice that you have a 15% discount, not 50%
    No, if you use
    http://web.palmone.com/promos/treogiveaway_50off.jhtml
    And enter the code that I got for the 15%, I still only get 15% off a Treo.
    So the codes must be different.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  3.    #63  
    Why is everyone trying to scam the contest? Granted, I was lucky enough to have won somthing more than a consolation prize (pretty damn suprising cuz I seldom win anything). But, if I hadnt won I wouldnt be trying to cheat the system, I would have simple shrugged it off as nothing ventured nothing gained and moved on with life.

    Where is the honor and integrity anymore?

    E44
  4. #64  
    I totally agree with E44 ,
    He has been trying to covince me to get a Treo 650 as well considering Im a talker and love surfing the net I guess the 50% off coupon will come in handy .....If you havent figured out already Im his wife
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    Where is the honor and integrity anymore?
    Funny, I was looking at Capitol Hill the other day and wondering the same thing.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chsnwun
    I totally agree with E44 ,
    He has been trying to covince me to get a Treo 650 as well considering Im a talker and love surfing the net I guess the 50% off coupon will come in handy .....If you havent figured out already Im his wife
    Welcome Chsnwun, good to see that you were able to get on the board.

    E44
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    Why is everyone trying to scam the contest? ...
    Where is the honor and integrity anymore? E44
    Exactly what I was thinking. Where is honor and integrity? I'm thinking of companies, for instance, that sell smartphones months in advance of when they are truly marketable, deceiving customers, then promoting phones as large advances over earlier models even though they have effectively less memory, defrauding buyers, then companies that tout meaningless discounts on already-marked-up prices as implicit prizes, taking advantage of well-meaning, trusting, consumers who have honor and integrity. Yes, that's what I was thinking, and so I have the feeling that most people feel what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, etc., and if they're lucky enough to find an overlooked port through all this smoke, well...that's called just desserts, not any failure of character. That's what I was thinking but I don't know what it has to do with this, of course....
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Exactly what I was thinking. Where is honor and integrity? I'm thinking of companies, for instance, that sell smartphones months in advance of when they are truly marketable, deceiving customers, then promoting phones as large advances over earlier models even though they have effectively less memory, defrauding buyers, then companies that tout meaningless discounts on already-marked-up prices as implicit prizes, taking advantage of well-meaning, trusting, consumers who have honor and integrity. Yes, that's what I was thinking, and so I have the feeling that most people feel what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, etc., and if they're lucky enough to find an overlooked port through all this smoke, well...that's called just desserts, not any failure of character. That's what I was thinking but I don't know what it has to do with this, of course....
    You can try to rationalize it however you want but it's still the actions of a scoundrel and a cheat. "I am disappointed in your product and your business practices so I am going to try to cheat you out of half of your purchase price". Give me a break. How about just not buying it? No one is forcing this phone on you, hell if you buy one you can return it if you are not fully satisfied. It is this sense of entitlement, that you and others have shown, that is promoting the spoiled brat mentality in society. Like it or not, this is a commerce driven society. If you do not approve of a company's products or business practices, donít purchase from them. This idea that you are dealing a blow for the little guy by trying to cheat yourself into a promotion unjustly is just ludicrous. I bet you like to pirate music and software as well, right, because of the injustices of the corporate entertainment and tech industry.

    Your argument holds no logic. If you do not have the integrity to stand up to your own moral benchmark and are willing to exploit any opening you can, then how can you expect a profit driven industry to be held to a higher standard. You Hypocrite.

    E44
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    You can try to rationalize it however you want but it's still the actions of a scoundrel and a cheat. ...
    E44

    Exactly. That's all I was saying....
  10. #70  
    This is getting way too heated. Bottom line, PalmOne still makes a profit at selling the treo 650 at 50% off so its either thay make THAT profit.. or none at all. If the 50% coupon really would have a negative effect on their sales profit then they might have as well given it out for free. Even if everyone on these forums purchased the Treo 650 at 50% its current sales price palmone would have STILL made a profit.

    If the 50% coupon was made widely available I really dont think palmone would mind the sudden increase in sales of their device. Mind you... the sale is only availabe for another 4 days before it becomes void, then its back to the normal price at which they WILL continue to make sales at that price point (think about the upcoming Verizon and Tmobile 650's). There is no immorality in taking advantage of a fantastic deal that palmone themselves made available. However, some may argue that there IS some immoral behavior behind selling a $600 device that lacks the performance and stability of a $100 phone. In the end, the corporation will generally always win. They are celebrating their 1 millionth treo sold. I think they owe their customers a decent discount.
  11.    #71  
    the difference is that this is not an across the board "sale". this is a contest of sorts. if p1 wanted to make the offer available to everyone then they would have. it appears to me that some people are trying to cheat their way into the promotion.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    the difference is that this is not an across the board "sale". this is a contest of sorts. if p1 wanted to make the offer available to everyone then they would have. it appears to me that some people are trying to cheat their way into the promotion.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Marketing my friend. I hate to break the news to you but this IS a sale cleverly disguised as a "contest". The only real winners of the contest are those fortunate enough to win a FREE treo. The firm who created this "contest" have cleverly created a means by which they can increase interest in the product, make their customers happy, and most importantly... SELL MORE.

    How many contests do you know of that at the conclusion of the event you "win" by paying them money?
  13. #73  
    so why haven't anyone posted a 50 percent coupon yet? all of a sudden everyone is a lawyer defending P1.
    Treoing & Loving it
  14. #74  
    Definitely absence of character in my book, mdavis. Two wrongs...
  15.    #75  
    I never said that it wasn't a sale or even a genius marketing gimmic. I just said that it wasn't an across the board sale. there are terns and conditions that the participants agreed to. now some ppl have sour grapes and are looking for a way to exploit any weakness in the structure of the promotion. ithink that shows a flaw in a person's character.
  16. #76  
    Maybe because no one knows if it's really transferrable? If you give the code out, you may give up your right to use it because if someone uses it before you do and that was a unique code, you're out of luck.

    Looks like the 15% codes may be transferrable though, since they're all the same.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by EPMiller
    ... . Two wrongs...
    Hmmm....how does that go again??? Two wrongs....I know I've heard it somewhere...two wrongs...well, I know they don't make a right...that's for sure, yeah, two wrongs don't make a right...that's how it goes, isn't it...but....then again...nobody ever said two wrongs aren't fair....yeah...that's it. It may not be right...but it sure sounds fair....
  18.    #78  
    I missed somthing. how again have you been wronged?
  19. hsk
    hsk is offline
    hsk's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #79  
    I think it was a marketing ploy. I was going to enter but I read the fine print first and it said it was only open to US residents. So I didn't bother, but it makes sense if your primary purpose is to increase online sales at the P1(US) store, I'd never ordered from there, what for, the S&H on most items are more than the purchase price.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    I think it was a marketing ploy. I was going to enter but I read the fine print first and it said it was only open to US residents. So I didn't bother, but it makes sense if your primary purpose is to increase online sales at the P1(US) store, I'd never ordered from there, what for, the S&H on most items are more than the purchase price.
    Of course it's a marketing ploy!!!!
    What the heck do you think a contest, drawing, give-away, or sweepstakes is!? Name one contest, ONE, that isn't a marketing ploy. That's the definition of a contest, to promote. That's why these contests come out of the marketing budget!
    Even a flat out give-away with no strings attached is a marketing ploy.

    Holy cow....
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions