Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I actually won one of them! I never win anything! I can't wait to get it!

Here's a screenshot of the winning email I got tonight.
    I think they'll post the winners as the winning coupons are redeemed. I'm going to order mine in the morning.

Booya!
    [sorry, removed the screenshot until I've ordered - then will repost]
    Last edited by Conrad; 04/22/2005 at 02:30 AM.
    Congrats. Do you get to pick any Palm Treo you'd like?

I got the dreaded 15% as well.
    Well I got about 6 15% off coupons, anyone wanna trade for a 50%? if not screw it, ya can have 'em, I don't wanna get taxed! :-D
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Stupid 15% off.

So if you enter multiple times but use the same email address, do you just get one prize? reverendrhino did you use different email addresses to get 6 15% coupons?

- Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
    Sid, yes I did but looking at them now their all the same code for all 15% off coupons. So maybe all 50% coupons are the same too?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    i won 15% off coupon but i would think the 50% off coupons are all the same code. if someone who has used their 50% off code can post it, we can all benefit.

incidentally, someone is already selling their 50% code on ebay...
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    Any SE Michigan Treo winners? I would be interested in buying you phone.
    FastFrank
    I also entered hundreds of times and came up with a 15% off coupon. Considering that PalmOne's store prices are already higher than most third-party prices, this is no gift. Having gone through 39 years of existence without winning anything (even Monopoly), I was not expecting to win. Heck, we had a faculty Christmas party where there were some 50 people there and 45 door prizes. Didn't have to check my ticket once...my number never came up and I knew it wouldn't. Same thing happened on a faculty cruise on the Hudson a few years back, but I was actually the only one who didn't win on that trip. Statistically speaking, if you count the number of times I have entered into contests and the like, there is a better chance of me getting a very rare giant brain tumor than NOT winning SOMETHING. OK, so I did get that brain tumor, and it was successfully removed, but you still gotta think. If there's a God, he is up there saying..."OK, you over there...you win the lottery. You (he points at me) get the incredibly rare giant brain tumor." Still...breaking the long streak would have been sweet. I guess it doesn't matter much, though...not like I could have actually used the Treo if I had won it. I have no interest in a 600 and Verizon is my only wireless service option where I live, so I'm kind of screwed anyway. Having Verizon as your service provider and waiting for new tech is kind of like always getting stuck on the slowest line at the supermarket and the person in front has a zillion coupons and is paying by check...but they don't have a check card, so the manager has to get involved, then they have to call the police...but by then all of the other checkout lanes have been closed and you realize you are never going to get to leave the store with your intended purchases. You go to find other stores, but there are no others within hundreds of miles that have what you need, so you learn to make do with what you have. Then you get online and read all of the wonderful stories of those who live near the stores that have what you need and how happy they are, then you get off the computer and hang yourself with strands of pasta...not so that you actually kill yourself, but it's only a symbolic gesture...because you still hold out hope that someday you might actually get to be the lucky one, even though you know that it will never happen.

(Man, is he whiny or what!!! Geez, does this guy have issues, much? )

Thanks for letting me rant. It's all about how sick I am waiting for Verizon. I am not disappointed that I have had to work for every single thing I have ever gotten in life...no handouts or help...it might make the world a better place if more people were like that. All I want is my chance to get a Treo 650 from Verizon and maybe fatten their pockets by getting their insanely expensive data plan.

Mark
    WTF... do you know howmany times I entered this damn contest... I would say alot... I was even getting duplicate codes cause I was entering so many times... and all I get is a lousy 15% off coupon. Well, I have to say that was one of the biggest waste of my times... thanks Palm!!!
    I don't think there are any 50% coupons.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjitfreek
    Thanks for letting me rant. It's all about how sick I am waiting for Verizon. I am not disappointed that I have had to work for every single thing I have ever gotten in life...no handouts or help...it might make the world a better place if more people were like that. All I want is my chance to get a Treo 650 from Verizon and maybe fatten their pockets by getting their insanely expensive data plan.

Mark
    Why not switch to Sprint? I don't understand this obsession. Mind you, I am no Sprint loyalist, and I am leaving Sprint this month after four or five fairly happy, even delightful, years with Sprint. I never found anything too terrible and every so often things were perfect. So why not switch?

Oh...Sprint sucks, of course, but they all suck, so why the irrational loyalty? My only problem now is to choose between TMO and Cingular....Hmmmm....I wonder which one is better. Do you think they both suck? Nah, couldn't be....
    Did you read the beginning if this thread and the one in General Chat??? Those guys won the 50% coupon and the Treo!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If anyone is not going to use thier 50% code, would that person be so kind to PM me with it? That would be such a kind and generous thing to do!
    m105 -> m130 -> Tungsten E -> Treo 600 (T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Did you read the beginning if this thread and the one in General Chat??? Those guys won the 50% coupon and the Treo!
    You've been here long enough. You should have figured by now, that reading threads before you post isn't required.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    At least if you were waiting to get the 650 unlocked, the 15% coupon brings it down to under 600 bucks (the original price, before the $100 price hike for the "wrong price" when the 650 was released on the site).

I myself MAYYYYY order one with the coupon since I'm a Tmo customer and am still left out in the cold waiting for a Tmobile subsidized version...
    Ugh...I don't know WHAT I was thinking!

I'm off to read the oh-so-critical thread of the "mysterious blinking light" now. Maybe SOMEONE will FINALLY be able to tell what that thing is! ; P
    GF,
    What you need to do is start a service where you pick millions of lottery numbers every week. You then sell the numbers you don't pick as sure winners!

Quote Originally Posted by gadjitfreek
    I also entered hundreds of times and came up with a 15% off coupon. Considering that PalmOne's store prices are already higher than most third-party prices, this is no gift. Having gone through 39 years of existence without winning anything (even Monopoly), I was not expecting to win. Heck, we had a faculty Christmas party where there were some 50 people there and 45 door prizes. Didn't have to check my ticket once...my number never came up and I knew it wouldn't. Same thing happened on a faculty cruise on the Hudson a few years back, but I was actually the only one who didn't win on that trip. Statistically speaking, if you count the number of times I have entered into contests and the like, there is a better chance of me getting a very rare giant brain tumor than NOT winning SOMETHING. OK, so I did get that brain tumor, and it was successfully removed, but you still gotta think. If there's a God, he is up there saying..."OK, you over there...you win the lottery. You (he points at me) get the incredibly rare giant brain tumor." Still...breaking the long streak would have been sweet. I guess it doesn't matter much, though...not like I could have actually used the Treo if I had won it. I have no interest in a 600 and Verizon is my only wireless service option where I live, so I'm kind of screwed anyway. Having Verizon as your service provider and waiting for new tech is kind of like always getting stuck on the slowest line at the supermarket and the person in front has a zillion coupons and is paying by check...but they don't have a check card, so the manager has to get involved, then they have to call the police...but by then all of the other checkout lanes have been closed and you realize you are never going to get to leave the store with your intended purchases. You go to find other stores, but there are no others within hundreds of miles that have what you need, so you learn to make do with what you have. Then you get online and read all of the wonderful stories of those who live near the stores that have what you need and how happy they are, then you get off the computer and hang yourself with strands of pasta...not so that you actually kill yourself, but it's only a symbolic gesture...because you still hold out hope that someday you might actually get to be the lucky one, even though you know that it will never happen.

(Man, is he whiny or what!!! Geez, does this guy have issues, much? )

Mark
    I'm wondering if the 15% discount is the default "prize" you get just for entering? That could be an easy move for P1 to make in order to provide incentive for purchases. Once all prizes are awarded, it'll be interesting to see if anyone recieved nothing.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I'm wondering if the 15% discount is the default "prize" you get just for entering? That could be an easy move for P1 to make in order to provide incentive for purchases. Once all prizes are awarded, it'll be interesting to see if anyone recieved nothing.

Yea I think it is...I entered in hundreds of times and a coworker of mine entered once...we both got the 15% off.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast