1.    #1  
    I have a G2500 and need to know what kind of microphone I can use in the mic port. What about the wiring on the plug? what size plug (2.5mm I think), anyone know? Can I plug in the standard palm headset and just remove the earpiece? Anybody doing this now? what about feedback?

Lots of questions not many answers.
    Feedback! Answer is yes. deep echo very distracting. I've checked with seidio and asked on this forum and no answer. I'm sending mine back.
    To bad as the concept is great.
    Hugh
    Hi,

The G2500 is designed to use with the external microphone included in the package. If you want to use a third party microphone, it has to be in 2.5mm. A standard Palm headset is not compatible with the cradle. The G2500 has splitted the microphone and stereo audio out into 2 different jacks. Therefore, a regular headset with both mic and audio out connection will not be compatible.

Thanks
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. When I ordered my unit the mic was apparently not part of the set so now I have to hunt for something compatable. I'll look for a fairly directiona mike. with the 2.5 in 2 conector plug