1.    #1  
    what extra feature is the 650 date book missing? in agenda view it seems to be the same as the others. why is everyone using something else? help me understand. i have 100 dollars in free software to use and i was just wondering. Thanks in advance
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    My biggest issue with the default Palm calendar has always been accessing, selecting and dialing from the Location field when it is longer than ~20 characters. I have a long rant on this topic here, and the best solution has been 2day from ShSh Software which makes it really easy to dial numbers in calendar entries. This can be a simple addition to the Palm Calendar.

I also have DateBk5 installed because its cool and has lots of alarm stuff and features I have yet to understand (but doesn't do locations). I tried Agendus, and many people swear by it, but I found it slow and buggy in its current form, and the Iambic forum makes frightening reading in terms of customer support. I don't think you need any of these apps unless you are really trying to manage calendars, contacts and todos in serious ways and needs their many features. -but if you are then they have many extra features (see their web sites, such as Pimlico).

The best list of other cool apps to think about is this long thread.
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
  3.    #3  
    Yeah i went to the sites (for datebk, agendus etc.) and did a search on TC before i posted, but sometimes info is so spead out that it makes it hard to find a clear answer. Thanks a bunch

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I like the Today 2.2 app because, though I have many apps loaded, I only use about 9 on a daily basis. The Today app let's me pick 9 apps to access on the page and reassign the hard keys so I never need the home key page, 72 icons to flip through.

It's very simple, you can customize with skins or not. I use PowerRun so I don't need the heavy duty launchers. This won't help you spend your software credit though because it's free, as are the skins. :-)
    I use Agendus because it just "does more." Version 9 has been stable for me, so long as I don't install Agendus Mail, and let it hijack my SMS's

I also like Today 2.2 (if that's what you mean), because I'm a long time Pocket PC user, and miss having a Today screen.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    i went with datebk5 because of better support. and i use 2day with the 4cast plugin . i still havent been through all the options and the 100pg manual for datebk . but for now i am happy . until i get another itch for software. oh and just to let you know what else i picked up
    pdanet (this is great) no setup, i installed it pluged in and boom
    Butler(using the leds, alarms(not mp3), alertmgr(led),keyguard)

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I use TMP from Lil Red Spider just for the clean interface.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for those links i save the yahoo forum to my favorites .
    THANKS A BUNCH
    Datebk5 is by far the best app i have. i will be tweaking it over the next couple of weeks. Along with 2Day , 2day has the fuctionality i like but not the look. i like a cleaner look, similar to datebk5 but damn do 2day and datebk play well together . oh well its what on the inside that counts not the looks

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hi,

You can make 2day almost as simple as you like:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Frank, did you install this directly to the Treo, or to your card? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    One thing to note: The latest Datebk uses the new database files (calendar.db, contacts.db, tasks.db etc). As such, you don't need the corresponding older versions of these databases that is maintained for backward compatibility (datebook.db, address.db, todo.db etc).

My understanding (I could be 100% wrong.. I don't use 2Day) is that 2Day uses the older databases.

My preference is to use applications that directly use the newer databases. Then I can get rid of the older versions of these files and avoid the datamanager patch.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  13.    #13  
    Just what i wanted the clean look, i will play with it this morning . Thank you. Is there a manual?

Miss Lady,
    Ihave it install in ram

Insertion,
    "I use Agendus because it just "does more." Version 9 has been stable for me, so long as I don't install Agendus Mail, and let it hijack my SMS's"

I dont know if it does

Click

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    One thing to note: The latest Datebk uses the new database files (calendar.db, contacts.db, tasks.db etc). As such, you don't need the corresponding older versions of these databases that is maintained for backward compatibility (datebook.db, address.db, todo.db etc).

My understanding (I could be 100% wrong.. I don't use 2Day) is that 2Day uses the older databases.

My preference is to use applications that directly use the newer databases. Then I can get rid of the older versions of these files and avoid the datamanager patch.

Hi,

2day uses the new databases, too.

So does TAKEphONE.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Thanks Frank, I'll be adding this to my software purchase list.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16.    #16  
    "2day uses the new databases, too"
    -Take

and the support , you cant beat it

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  17.    #17  
    Dont just take my word for it. click on the links in post #7. datebk is great. and it works so well with 2day. Support is very important to me and these two products have a 15 rating on a scale of 10. NO BS. my wife will be getting both on her treo

anyway gotta go set up my treo

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Insertion,
    "I use Agendus because it just "does more." Version 9 has been stable for me, so long as I don't install Agendus Mail, and let it hijack my SMS's"

I dont know if it does
    Click
    Well, what are we comparing? Your thread is titled:
    Treo 650 (built in)datebook vs. Agengus, Today and others,
    to which you originally posted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    what extra feature is the 650 date book missing? in agenda view it seems to be the same as the others. why is everyone using something else? help me understand. i have 100 dollars in free software to use and i was just wondering. Thanks in advance
    ...in which case Agendus does "do more" than the internal datebook.

Are you comparing Agendus to DBk??? You're line of questioning has me lost.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

2day uses the new databases, too.

So does TAKEphONE.
    Good!! Does 2day maintain (not destroy) certain items that are part of Outlook meetings?

How does it handle "Meeting Location", "Meeting Attendees", and "Meeting Organizer" information?

Does it display them correctly? Can I edit these in 2Day and have the changes synced to Outlook?

So far, here's what I found out:

Palm One's Calendar:
    Displays "Meeting Location" (in parenthesis in meeting title)
    Displays and edits "Meeting Attendees" (in the With field)
    Screws up "Meeting Organizer" - This may be the fault of PalmOne Outlook Conduit ...If I edit the entry in Calendar in any way, this information is lost when synced back to Outlook

Datebk5:
    Does not display "Meeting Location" (maintains the information, though)
    Does not display "Meeting Attendees" (maintains the information, though)
    Screws up "Meeting Organizer" - just like the Calendar application

What about 2Day?

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  20.    #20  
    Sorry for the confusion, i was comparing datebk5 and agendus.

"i went with datebk5 because of better support. and i use 2day with the 4cast plugin . i still havent been through all the options and the 100pg manual for datebk . but for now i am happy . until i get another itch for software. oh and just to let you know what else i picked up
    pdanet (this is great) no setup, i installed it pluged in and boom
    Butler(using the leds, alarms(not mp3), alertmgr(led),keyguard)"

My earlier post
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/25/2005 at 02:03 PM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)