1.    #1  
    I did a search but nothing particular came up. I am looking for a function that will allow me to hit one button to get the very last application I was in. I don't need the last 2 or 10 but just the last one. Is there an app that just does that? I have tried zlauncher (which has this function but it is alittle buggy on my Treo 650). It does do the last app but sometimes this function just doesn't work as advertised. I also tried Hilauncher which does the closest thing to what I need...I set my Home button for previous app and the menu for my Hilauncher menu. It is nice to set it to long and short presses. I am still testing Hilauncher to see if it is everything I need. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    I did a search but nothing particular came up. I am looking for a function that will allow me to hit one button to get the very last application I was in. I don't need the last 2 or 10 but just the last one. Is there an app that just does that? I have tried zlauncher (which has this function but it is alittle buggy on my Treo 650). It does do the last app but sometimes this function just doesn't work as advertised. I also tried Hilauncher which does the closest thing to what I need...I set my Home button for previous app and the menu for my Hilauncher menu. It is nice to set it to long and short presses. I am still testing Hilauncher to see if it is everything I need. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Butler will allow you to do this. Check it out here: Butler
    McPhling will also serve your purposes.
    Of course Zlauncher does it also but it is a full fledged launcher with many features.
    Switch5 is freeware and I am almost positive it has the last app feature also.

Good luck.
    You can get switch5 here
    Switch5
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the quick replies. Can switch5 be used by another button like any of the keyboard letters? I have my hard buttons taken already and the screen activation is alittle tricky on the T650. McPhling looks promising.
    I use Zlauncher....
    but the thing I did like about Mcphling was that it has a "Hold" feature.
    So... you can assign it to a hard button but still use the hard buttons for your primary apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    ...I am looking for a function that will allow me to hit one button to get the very last application I was in...
    The solution I use differs slightly from what you want but may be all there is, so I will mention it. It requires pressing one button and clicking one icon (or arrow)

For this solution you will need two freeware apps:
    Switch5
    FieldPlus

For some reason, I can not attach pictures, so I have provided it here: Treo 650 Tip: Switch or View Last Applications.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  8.    #8  
    Thanks GC,

I actually found that solution after looking hard and wide for something free. It was alittle annoying with the Command Bar press after awhile as I use the "last app" feature quite alot. One thing I did get out of that experiment was how cool FieldPlus was. I own TreoSelectText but found this freeware to be just as nice.

Though back to the thread...What I really ended up with was a program I already paid for and use quite alot, which would be HiLauncher. I allows me to put the menu key as the popup menu after a long press and the home key as the "last app" function. I found that solution to be the most efficient and bug free. It is by far the coolest launcher aside from Zlauncher and Initiate of course. :P

Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    The solution I use differs slightly from what you want but may be all there is, so I will mention it. It requires pressing one button and clicking one icon (or arrow)

For this solution you will need two freeware apps:
    Switch5
    FieldPlus

For some reason, I can not attach pictures, so I have provided it here: Treo 650 Tip: Switch or View Last Applications.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I'm so glad I came across this thread... I had just purchased ZLauncher and I was just looking for a 'last app' application too. I didn't realize that ZLauncher could do it for me. I just set it up to use the right shift key (which I never use anyway) to switch to the last app and I'm quite happy now

Brett
    Where in Zlauncher can you set the "Last app" choice? I have scanned the documentation and can't find it.
    Thanks,
    Zane
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Where in Zlauncher can you set the "Last app" choice? I have scanned the documentation and can't find it.
    Thanks,
    Zane
    hehe... I scanned the docs and found nothing too. I actually managed to just stumble across it. Go to ZL Preferences under Options, then choose the QuickLaunch tab. At the bottom make sure QuickLaunch Anywhere is checked. (I didn't check Show Icon. I'm not even sure what it does) Then click Setup. I unchecked the top three options and just checked Button. I left Apps set to None, then selected Custon (and pressed the right shift key) for Last.

HTH,
    Brett
    Thanks, Brett!
    Zane