Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a Treo 650 and plan on ordering a 2G SD card. Is there a maxmimum size supported? Also, would it make sense to order an additional 32mb card just for backups? Thanks for any info on this.
    The Treo doesn't have a limit. Whatever they make it can use.

I personally wouldn't see the need for a 2nd card as I backup everything on my comp.

If you are not on Sprint you can still get a free 128MB card from P1 (I think).
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Actually, I believe the 650 can only recognize up to a 2 gig card. Also, there's really no reason to have another card just for backup. The memory used for backup will be miniscule when compared to the 2 gigs you'll have available.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Actually, I believe the 650 can only recognize up to a 2 gig card.
    According to this, 2GB is the max supported by the Palm OS.
    Cards can be 2GB or smaller. Although these handhelds will recognize cards larger than 2GB, you won't be able to use the full capacity of the card. That's because the FAT16 file system on these handhelds has a limitation of 2GB. You can insert a larger card, but you won’t be able to use the full size of the card (only 2GB will be useable).
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Actually, I believe the 650 can only recognize up to a 2 gig card. Also, there's really no reason to have another card just for backup. The memory used for backup will be miniscule when compared to the 2 gigs you'll have available.
    Does a +2GB card even exist?
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Not yet, at least for sale anywhere, but there will be...
    So much for any ideas of being able to watch full uncompressed DVDs from an SD card one day with the T650.

Assuming the movie studios offered full movies on an 8.5GB SD card of course (wink, wink, nod, nod )
    anyone know a good place to get 2 gig cards (good prices)?
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Dell, $145
    i could only find a 2gig card for $181 - do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    They do exist because I just got mine yesterday. Unfortunately, I ordered it Dec 5th from buy.com (for $175). Apparently there is an immense backorder. I got the Sandisk 2gb Ultra II. I have not seen any other cards that large in the US.

I say put an order in somewhere and get a smaller one to hold you over till it ships.

If you do any multimedia you'll really want the 2gb card.

-BT
    Quote Originally Posted by kevroc
    Dell, $145
    I don't think Dell has the UltraII. The part number doesn't show up, it's:
    SDSDH2048901
    Dell lies about their availability too.

CompUplus has it, but it's a rip at $220.
    http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....com&id=1004015

This place has 3 available for $200 +shipping
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...lot_id=1792614
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    They do exist because I just got mine yesterday. Unfortunately, I ordered it Dec 5th from buy.com (for $175). Apparently there is an immense backorder. I got the Sandisk 2gb Ultra II. I have not seen any other cards that large in the US.

I say put an order in somewhere and get a smaller one to hold you over till it ships.

If you do any multimedia you'll really want the 2gb card.

-BT
    by +2gb he meant did a card larger than 2 gig exist yet. I have seen reports of them being developed and tested, but none available yet
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    by +2gb he meant did a card larger than 2 gig exist yet. I have seen reports of them being developed and tested, but none available yet
    I missed the +. I saw a screenshot of a 4gb sd card advertised, but it was somewhere in asia I think. It looks like they are having a hard enough time supplying the 2gb cards for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    So much for any ideas of being able to watch full uncompressed DVDs from an SD card one day with the T650.

Assuming the movie studios offered full movies on an 8.5GB SD card of course (wink, wink, nod, nod )
    The proc couldn't handle it. As if you didn't know that...
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    Have fun trying to fit a Compact Flash card in your Treo!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell

No, you can do that today, and a full-length film is often under half a gig - remember your screen size is a lot smaller than a computer screen or TV screen, pixelwise. See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81130
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    Your'e not kidding! Under $130!
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    those are compact flash cards...good luck getting those to fit in the tiny treo SD card slot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast