Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Opps didn't put the sd in my search. That would be a tough fit. Sorry.

d
    Hi everyone,

As soon as the 4Gbit Flash IC is released to us from Samsung, we will be physically able to contruct 4GB. Compatibility with devices today, however, is another issue. Most devices, like the Treo650 read fat16 which is limited to 2GB, so unless they do a special firmware update to be able to read fat32, it likely won't read.

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    I ordered a 2GB SD (SanDisk brand) card from Dell yesterday. They said it would ship in 4-5 days, and gave me next day air for the price of ground shipping due to the delay.

I received the card today. $198 with tax and shipping. (Probably paid too much -- but I do now have it in hand.) (I have had an Ultra II SanDisk 2GB card on order from PCMall.com for $179 since January -- I guess I can now cancel that order.)

Now to go buy some more songs . . . . .

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2005 at 11:41 AM.
    I have gotten 8 gig dvd's down to 80mbs on my 1gig'er using Pocket DVD. It's painless and then i us TCPMP to play the movies. Great way to kill time on the Train to work...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Does a +2GB card even exist?
    4 Gig cards have been demonstrated at shows and stuff but, to my recolelction, not yet commerically released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    I personally wouldn't see the need for a 2nd card as I backup everything on my comp.
    I use 2 cards.
    The 1gb one has mp3's and videos etc.
    The 128mb one has a backup of my T600. This is kept at home for 2 reasons.
    1. If I lose or break my Treo, I can buy another and do a total restore.
    2. If someone steals my Treo and I wipe it via mSafe, they could restore it if the card in the slot had a backup on it
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I ordered a 2GB SD (SanDisk brand) card from Dell yesterday. They said it would ship in 4-5 days, and gave me next day air for the price of ground shipping due to the delay.

I received the card today. $198 with tax and shipping. (Probably paid too much -- but I do now have it in hand.) (I have had an Ultra II SanDisk 2GB card on order from PCMall.com for $179 since January -- I guess I can now cancel that order.)

Now to go buy some more songs . . . . .

Cheers, Perry
    Did your 2gb arrive from Dell yet? How is it working out? I just ordered one and I've been using a 1gb SanDisk (non ultra) and was hoping the 2gb would maybe be quicker or at least not slower.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hi to TheTreoGuy. Yes, it (my 2GB non ultra SanDisk SD card from Dell) arrived the very next day! I have had it for almost a week now. It is working just as well as my 1GB SanDisk non ultra SD card did. File access, song playing, program start up speed, dictionary speed, spreadsheets, all seem to be the same. So far, no hiccups. I copied my 1GB card file folders to a directory on my PC and then copied them back to the 2GB card using a SanDisk 8n1 card reader and Windows Explorer. (After I formatted the 2GB card with my Treo 650.) (Just a precaution on my part.)

The only extra step that I needed to take was to relink my Treo 650 w/ the 2GB card installed (after the files were copied to it) to the RealOne software on my desktop to re-confirm my authorization on the songs.

I now have 600mb of free space left on my 2GB card -- so it is fairly full and I see no speed differences between it and the 1GB.

Cheers, Perry.

Enjoy your card !!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12