1.    #1  
    How exactly does Versamail synchronize? My issue is that I have deleted msgs from my POP email on the PC, yet, I still have ALL the messages on Versamail after a sync.

Shouldn't Versamail SYNCHRONIZE with my POP mail and have the same amount of messages.

I shouldn't have to delete in both locations. Maybe some one can tell me how to set this up.

Thanks.
    POP3 isn't set up for sync'ing messages between accounts (unless the sync is done directly between the PC and the device), and that's one of the big problems with POP3 - you never know where your messages are.

I STRONGLY suggest looking for an IMAP host for your mail; perhaps then forwarding your POP3 mail to that host. You will save a tremendous amount of aggravation.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    OK, but isn't that what Hotsync is supposed to do? When I hotsync, that conduit does WHAT? I just looked at it and it says that it is set to synchronize the Inbox & Outbox.
    Yes, but don't you really want to get and see your emails wirelessly and in real-time, and without the pain of having to connect to your PC?

Marc
    I do not have the wireless web option with my 650 (since I am cheap) so I cannot get on the web or on email directly.

In the past I was able to send receive mails using the hotsync option on my palm.

Not with versamail 3.0 on my 650, mails do not do anything but sit there. Nothing downloads, nothing is sent, no error reported.

Ideas? Ideas beyond get a job and pay for email access?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    OK, but isn't that what Hotsync is supposed to do? When I hotsync, that conduit does WHAT? I just looked at it and it says that it is set to synchronize the Inbox & Outbox.
    Yes, that is what Hotsync is *supposed* to do - but it doesn't always work. I have been in correspondance with an engineer at Palmone who gave me some beta utility with which I got it to work more frequently, but it's not pretty.

Here's the message he wrote me on Brighthands:

"If you are using VM 3.0 then I believe I have a tool for you. It will
    allow you to pick your HotSync user name, a VersaMail account, then
    switch it to use Outlook. Of course the account must be the one you set
    up in the wizard that forced it over to POP. As long as you know that
    account on the device you should be fine. Email me back at
    dan.grecoe@palmone.com and I'll get you a copy of it."