1.    #1  
    Well, I got my Treo 10 days ago and after noticing how fast my memory was getting chewed up, i decided to perform the 1.08 upgrade. Before doing so, I did not have any resets at all and everything was working great.

After the reset, I experience random resets, sometimes a couple a day. Annoying, especially when giving someone a demo and it resets! One of the problems is DEFINITELY Docs to Go. When pulling up a document it will reset almost every time, which never happened with ROM 1.03. It also resets after a hotsync at various times.

I read through many of the posts on the board, and from what it seems like is this is pretty common with this upgrade. Are people just dealing with this issue? As far as Docs to go, I have tried everything and I cannot get it to work all the time.

Are we expecting there to be a ROM upgrade to fix this? Do we know that the 1.08 is a reset causer? I still have 4 days to take my 650 back, and am tempted to do so and get another phone with the 1.03 ROM again and just eat the lost memory without the upgrade? Has anyone gone back to 1.03 and seen the problems go away?

Thanks for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks
    One of the problems is DEFINITELY Docs to Go. When pulling up a document it will reset almost every time, which never happened with ROM 1.03.
    DTG initially gave me problems after the upgrade. I simply re-installed it and used the DataViz Tech Tool to move it to the SD card and the problems went away. I've had no other problems with the 1.08 upgrade.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks
    Well, I got my Treo 10 days ago and after noticing how fast my memory was getting chewed up, i decided to perform the 1.08 upgrade. Before doing so, I did not have any resets at all and everything was working great.

After the reset, I experience random resets, sometimes a couple a day. Annoying, especially when giving someone a demo and it resets! One of the problems is DEFINITELY Docs to Go. When pulling up a document it will reset almost every time, which never happened with ROM 1.03. It also resets after a hotsync at various times.

I read through many of the posts on the board, and from what it seems like is this is pretty common with this upgrade. Are people just dealing with this issue? As far as Docs to go, I have tried everything and I cannot get it to work all the time.

Are we expecting there to be a ROM upgrade to fix this? Do we know that the 1.08 is a reset causer? I still have 4 days to take my 650 back, and am tempted to do so and get another phone with the 1.03 ROM again and just eat the lost memory without the upgrade? Has anyone gone back to 1.03 and seen the problems go away?

Thanks for your time.

My phone had several resets a day before the upgrade. Afterwards its been pretty much rock solid. I think more people have had my result after the upgrade than yours. To begin with I think you are one of the rare ones who had a stable pre 1.08 phone.
    I upgraded to the 1.08 firmware with my Treo 650 from Sprint. I've had no problems with the upgrade, and everything is generally working okay. Resets are generally kept to a minimum, and is certainly no worse than after the upgrade for me. -Casey
    I concur. Many resets prior to the upgrade and almost none at all since.

HOWEVER, I did initially have a bunch of resets after the 1.08 upgrade and most of them killed my saved preferences.

I fixed the problem by deleting my pre-update versamail accounts, syncing and recreating them. Since then, I have had maybe on or two resets total.

My phone is much, much better post update!
  6.    #6  
    I took the suggestion of moving Docs to Go to the SD card. This worked and avoids the resets, however, every once and a while, for no reason whatsoever, docs to go moves automagically back to the palm memory and the resets start again.

More of an annoyance than anything.

Thanks for the advice.
    Crashes have been cut by probably 80% for me. The only ones that remain are product specific (snappermail for instance) which I cannot blame palmone nor palmsource for.
    Since the upgrade my Treo resets about 10 times a day....was pretty stable previously...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Since I upgraded to 1.08 I've had a number of looping resets - at least one a day. I'm getting worried that I can't depend on the 650 as I've taken to carrying a sync cable around with me just so I can recover.

I haven't been able to discover what is causing this behavior as there is no consistent thing I'm doing when it happens. It's happened when I've been on the web, playing Bejeweled2, reading in eReader and looking at my schedule.

Any one have any suggestions here short of returning the device?
    Do a hard reset and dont install everything. Just put one thing on at a time and see what causes it.