1.    #1  
    I just purchased on Treo 650 GSM. I don't know can it connect via PC (with xDSL connection) to Internet in order to get information ? E.x. get update information for Worldmate pro. I also tried setting in preference/network but it doesn't work, it required GPRS connection. Is there any way or tool do that (my XDAII mini can automatic connect to Internet via PC) ?

Please advise ! Many thanks.
    guess it wont work with a xdsl connection. try a normal analog phone line, either via bluetooth, infrared or cable
    Quote Originally Posted by blueball1020
    I just purchased on Treo 650 GSM. I don't know can it connect via PC (with xDSL connection) to Internet in order to get information ? E.x. get update information for Worldmate pro. I also tried setting in preference/network but it doesn't work, it required GPRS connection. Is there any way or tool do that (my XDAII mini can automatic connect to Internet via PC) ?

Please advise ! Many thanks.
    You can connect through any internet connection you have via bluetooth (search in the forum for "reverse DUN").

You can update worldmate information via the conduit.

Ettore
    Ciao

Ettore
  4.    #4  
    That mean my Treo can connect if my laptop had bluetooth dongle ?

Thanks. I will study.
    I use a USB-bluetooth adapter for DUN - works like a breeze. setup is quite easy.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    It never worked for me - tried a lot of methods found in differet forums, but to no avail :|
    (Unlocked GSM)
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    jorang: did you pair the labtop with the treo?

and most important: before you try to connect for the first time over bluetooth, in the treo go to prefs / network, choose the internet service, and then click connect at the bottom of the page. after connection is established de-connect.

my bluetooth setup never worked, unless I first initiated the connection over prefs ...

give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueball1020
    I just purchased on Treo 650 GSM. I don't know can it connect via PC (with xDSL connection) to Internet in order to get information ?
    It's the only connection I use when I'm home; I've been using this method to connect to the internet for my last 3 pdas. Comprehensive instructions can be found here:
    http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/
    Since I got my T3 over a year ago I've also been using "Reverse DUN" to get onto the internet via my PC sharing its internet connection. Now I do the same with my unlocked GSM 650. I also use Worldmate Pro, browse, check e-mails etc. with no known limitations. I use a Belkin Bluetooth dongle with my Dell Precision workstation.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all suggestion.

I just found a tool can use cradle/cable for connection via PC, it's SoftickPPP and it's very usefull. You can ref. at: http://www.softick.com/download.php

Now my treo can connect to internet smoothly via ADSL connection (GPRS charge in my country nearly most expensive over the world). Ohhhh

--------------------
    Symbain ---> PPC ---> Palm ! Lovely, now I don't regret leaving XDAII mini.
    I use to connect my T650 with a winxpsp2 through a bluetooth connection; it really works. I followed instructions at http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup.

note that you need the WIDCOMM bluetooth drivers, not the winxpsp2 standard ones. some bt adapters comes with them, others not: carefully check for them
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    jorang: did you pair the labtop with the treo?

and most important: before you try to connect for the first time over bluetooth, in the treo go to prefs / network, choose the internet service, and then click connect at the bottom of the page. after connection is established de-connect.

my bluetooth setup never worked, unless I first initiated the connection over prefs ...

give it a try.

In fact I sat an entire day trying different methods to connect. I successfully paired my Treo with my Dell Laptop (which has a build-in bluetooth adapter) without having success accessing the web.

I gave it up, but I suppose I have to try it again
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)