Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use both, and I actually prefer versimail over snapper... I like versimails interface better, and hate how snapper turns on my screen whenever it checks for mail
    Quote Originally Posted by CognizanT
    Yes
    True, but you are limited in attachments sizes. This is the biggest reason I use snapper, being able to send whatever size attachment you want.
    I don't think it's blasphemy at all. Truth be known, I found there were certain aspects of Versa, Snapper, and Chatter that I liked more than the others; my ideal client would combine parts of all three. As has been said many times before, it all comes down to personal preference.

If WorsaMail works for you, then more power to ya! Just make sure you keep good backups.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I like and use VersaMail as well. I have been having trouble with my laptop for the last month and have relied on VersaMail, without a problem. I did try SnapperMail and I didn't like it very much...certainly not enough to spend that much money to buy it. Since I haven't experienced problems with VersMail, I have no reason to get anything else....
    I use both SnapperMail Enterprise and VersaMail with the Sprint 1.08 update. The one big reason I now use SnapperMail is that the automatic download and alert of new emails actually works correctly with SnapperMail. With VersaMail, I constantly got error/failed messages trying to do automatic download and alert of new messages...this never worked right on VersaMail for me.

Other cool thing is that SnapperMail will archive messages to my SD memory card. The newest version of SnapperMail now also supports attachments from Picture & Video folder.

Okay, as for VersaMail, the one cool thing it does is the ability to send vCard attachments and iCalendar attachments. SnapperMail cannot do this.

As for emptying the trash in VersaMail, yes it can do this. HOWEVER, you must also update the server immediately after emptying trash in order for it to not retrieve back the old messages just deleted...a bit quirky I must say.

Casey
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I've been using versamail heavily ever since I got my Treo a few months ago and I never had any problems with it. Haven't even bothered installing or trying snappermail yet because I have no reason to.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Is there a way to have Versamail only download the last 5 or 10 emails on a particular filter?
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I have Agendus Pro installed which includes an e-mail client.

When trying it on my GSM Treo650 it doesn't really support the hardbuttons on the device. I have now deleted it and are using Versamail with Agendus for Palm.

In my opinion Versamail stability, functionality, hardbutton support is OK. Fit my needs (pop)....
    Because of this I have not tried Snapper nor Chatter - and see no reason to do so either. We'll se when I get more available mem on the device after the patch is released
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I have been using Versamail with no problems but have a question about display--
    when I reply or forward a message- the message includes lots of code such as:

"Clean Clean DocumentEmail false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}"

I couldn't find the menu option to surpress this?

Do any of you who are successfully using Versamail know how to hide this?

Thanks,

jcCoMo
    Its personal taste. I really don't think one is better than the other. If your Versamail constantly crashed and you moved to Snapper then of course your going to like Snapper. For those who are not heavy email users and have had a solid Versamail system, well you are going to think its the one to use.

Go with the one you like best.
    Now that Versa mail seems to be more stable I prefer it. But lately I noticed I only get partial email reply messages from my blog site and have to retrieve the remainder despite that I set it to get the entire message and increased the file size allowed so I'm using Snapper again.

Update: Just downloaded the new Snapper v. 2.2.6.01 and it now handles pic/video attachments like Versa.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 04/26/2005 at 08:48 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Now that Versa mail seems to be more stable I prefer it. But lately I noticed I only get partial email reply messages from my blog site and have to retrieve the remainder despite that I set it to get the entire message and increased the file size allowed so I'm using Snapper again.

Update: Just downloaded the new Snapper v. 2.2.6.01 and it now handles pic/video attachments like Versa.
    I've been contemplating whether to buy snapper. One thing that's stopping me is the fact it doesn't support uploading sent emails back to the imap server. Does version 2.2.6.01 finally support this feature?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    VersaMail resets on me every once in a while but the big problem is its bug in forwarded messages - you forward a customer complaint to an employee, they hit reply then their reply goes to the customer, not you! Very serious bug.

Snapper's big problem is that it doesn't have a "Connect VPN" menu option so it's quite a few steps to get a VPN tunnel up and then get back into Snapper to get mail.

Haven't tried Chatter yet, but I will soon as my main email server does have IMAP IDLE I think...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have never had this happen to me. I am on Sprint. Was that fixed in the 1.08 update? I got my 650 right when that update was released so I never got to use the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize
    but the big problem is its bug in forwarded messages - you forward a customer complaint to an employee, they hit reply then their reply goes to the customer, not you! Very serious bug.
    can you set a different smtp server in versamail with a different login id (username/password) than the imap server defined in versamail?

i tried and it seems like i can specify one imap server, and then a different smtp server, but i have to use the username/password assigned to the imap login.

i have a situation where i have an imap server with one username/password but my smtp server is another server with a different username/password.

in snappermail, it allows me to enter a different username/password for each.
    Count me in on the no-problems so far with Versamail group. It does what I need - nothing fancy. I get mail with attachments (per my defined kb limit), I send mail without problems, it has a simple interface, and it was free.

Branded Cingular with both IMAP and POP accounts.
    yes versamail is fine for the simple scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToTech
    Count me in on the no-problems so far with Versamail group. It does what I need - nothing fancy. I get mail with attachments (per my defined kb limit), I send mail without problems, it has a simple interface, and it was free.

Branded Cingular with both IMAP and POP accounts.
    It does not specifically say that in the options....
    I have detailed files.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12