Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How does the Jabra BT250V compare to these:
    Jabra BT800
    Sony HBH-660
    Scala 500

Has anyone compared the BT250V to these 3 other popular headsets? Not too concerned about the difference in the options, but interested in the sound quality both in transmitting and in receiving. I have read the BT800 has great background noise level reduction. How is the connect time / transfer time between Treo650 and the BT250. Other have been ranging about 9-10 seconds.

I prefer the appearance of the BT2650V just due to the fact that it is more inconspicuous than the other shiny units mentioned above hanging over your entire ear.

What are the pros and cons of the BT250V...?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I had the original bt250, after a few minutes my ear hurt. I now use moto hs810 and can wear it for hours no prob. Just a little info....
    you now this won't count as a mod on you Audi mod list
  3.    #3  
    The BT250V is a little slimmer than the BT250. That may make a difference. What about the most important part, the sound quality?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    the bt250 was not good..if the phone, tried with:treo650, nokia 6620 and ericsson t616 was on opposite side of my body static happened..not so with my hs810
  5.    #5  
    That is good to know. That was the BT250 though, not the "BT250V", correct?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    correct
    Check out the reviews here on the forum and elsewhere paying particular attention to how they work with the Treo 650. Some BT headsets (i,e Moto 820) work great with other phones but not the 650.

From my searches and reviews by users here and elsewhere, I came up with tthe following:

Treo Wireless Headset: A (uses same charger, great reception / volume)
    Sony HBH-660: A- (needs own charger, good reception / volume)
    Scala: B+ (great buy for the money)
    Moto 820: C+ (works well with most phones, not 650 tho)
    Moto850: A- (didn't wanna mess with boom thing, needs own charger)
    Jabra BT800 B-
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Check out the reviews here on the forum and elsewhere paying particular attention to how they work with the Treo 650. Some BT headsets (i,e Moto 820) work great with other phones but not the 650.

From my searches and reviews by users here and elsewhere, I came up with tthe following:

Treo Wireless Headset: A (uses same charger, great reception / volume)
    Sony HBH-660: A- (needs own charger, good reception / volume)
    Scala: B+ (great buy for the money)
    Moto 820: C+ (works well with most phones, not 650 tho)
    Moto850: A- (didn't wanna mess with boom thing, needs own charger)
    Jabra BT800 B-
    Got the Bluetooth Treo Headset. WOW...! Great headset and I paid $52.22 + FREE shippingat www.2buystore.com but right now there are on back order.
    Performs better than anything out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    Got the Bluetooth Treo Headset. WOW...! Great headset and I paid $52.22 + FREE shippingat www.2buystore.com but right now there are on back order.
    Performs better than anything out there.
    I just ordered the TWH from JR music and they matched some other site that had it (with tax and shipping) at $64. If this 2buystore only had it in stock it would be the best deal but it seems these places with low prices always have very small quantities and run out quickly.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I had a Jabra BT800 that I used on my previous LG 325 phone. It worked decent on the LG phone, but totally sucks on this Treo. It takes about 5-10 secs to transfer the audio from my handset to my headset.

I took some co-workers advice & got the Scala 500 ($39.95 on ecost.com) and so far it works brilliantly. Cheap headset, but it's the most comfortable I've ever tried (vs. Moto810, Moto820, Jabra 200, Jabra 250, Jabra800, and Logitechs). Not only is it comfortable, but it's pretty lightweight, the sound quality is excellent (on both ends of the call), but it's CHEAP!!!

I'm not sure how it works on other phones, but on the Treo650...it's a homerun (so far!). Only gripe is I get a little static...not sure if it's the combination or if my home WiFi is interfering with it. Either way, I can live with it.
    Jabra BT800 B-

a B- is being misleading. IMO (with a Treo 650) it's an F.

With my (old) LG325...I'd give it a B
    Is the 660 really not as good as the TWH? Why would you give it an A- compared to an A for the TWH?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Is the 660 really not as good as the TWH? Why would you give it an A- compared to an A for the TWH?
    For the reason stated (in parenthesis next to the A-). I requires me to carry two chargers.
    Just remember the Jabra BT250v VIBRATES (hence the v). I dont know how that works nor do I want to know...all I know is that you should have some tylenol or midol or whatever on standby
    For the reason stated (in parenthesis next to the A-). I requires me to carry two chargers.
    Other than that (since I don't like the Treo charger much anyway and the sync/charge cable doesnt work in the TWH anyway), what about sound, features, outside noise, static, etc.? I'm hearing very clearly on my end, but I still have people telling me they get static and tinny sound listening to me on the TWH (even worse that the Scala 500).
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I am trying out the Jabra BT250v and the Motorola HS820, and between the two, I prefer the Jabra. I don't feel like I am going to have the Jabra fall off my ear.

Since most of the negative reports are about the Jabra BT250, my 2. The Jabra was a bit more difficult to pair up, and took me a couple of tries. There is a bit of lag sometimes; other times it's quick. Then again, I see the same thing with the wife's S710A and other Moto BT headsets.
    HBH-600 wins hands down in terms of sound quality and lack of the crackling I experienced with all the others that I tried.
    Sorry, I meant 660
    my treo wireless seems to take a while to connect to each other...and its about 6in away

im getting a HS850 to see what that is like
    hey hobo slo jo . the hs850 is my favorite EXCEPT with the new firmware update, it does not autoconnect on inbound or outbound calls. you may experience differnetly but this seems to be the norm now. I'm gonna go with TWH.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast